cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uhmmm Strange Problem With Outlook

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
We are using Outlook 2003 SP2 connecting to Exchange 2003 SP2/EV6SP2 a small number of users have recently encountered a problem that we are finding difficult to diagnose.

The problem occurs when you are replying or forwarding an email which has not been archived - it puts my own name in the From field in Outlook then displays the following message:-

"You do not have permission to send on behalf of the specified user" - it is my own name that is in the From field - clear that out the mail go fine.

In archived mails the reply and forwarding works fine

Anyone come across this probloem before, I would be grateful for any help as it's driving me mad.

3 REPLIES 3

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
The plot thickens - we are using Symantec Enterprise Vault (6SP2) to auto archive emails, if I reply or forward an archived email it works fine however if the email is still in Exchange or in a pending archive state the problem above occurs

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Just so I'm clear.
So you're saying users are replying to emails and the from address is specified as you, and not themselves for example?

Are you sure you've not customised ipm.note on the system.  Deinstall EV client and see if the problem remains.

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Thats right but it's the unarchived mail that giving a problem - mail that is archived works fine