cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a new Vault Store

Staun
Level 3

I'm trying to create an additional Vault Store for our Mailbox-archive, but keep getting these errors (from the eventlog)

EventID 13360

An error was detected while accessing the Vault Database 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' (Internal reference: .\ADODataAccess.cpp (CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand) [lines {1379,1381,1396,1414}] built Nov 27 19:47:12 2008):

Description: 

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_SISBoundary'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SISBoundary'.

EventID 8453

An error was detected while accessing the Vault Database 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' (Internal reference: .\ADODataAccess.cpp (CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand) [lines {1379,1381,1396,1414}] built Nov 27 19:47:12 2008):

Description: 

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_SISBoundary'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SISBoundary'.

EventID 8452

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

The error code was 0x80040e2f

The Wizard works just fine until the database-creation. Where I get this error:

An error occurred while creating the new vault store. The storage Service on 'EV-Server' could not complete the operation

Error coce: Storage service is not running Storage  Service ID %1

---

I have checked the Storage service and it working fine.

I have the correct permission to create the database/ log-files on the Database-server.

We have EV running fine on current mailbox Vault Store.

Any Idea why I cannot create a new vault store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Staun
Level 3

Weird! - After trying different things (restarting all EV-services) it looks like the Storage Service wasn't running after all. The display showed Running, but it could not be stopped - a server-restart and everything went on fine.

Now I just have to figure out why my test-mailbox on our other site cannot be syncronised/ archived.

This system is a very strong asset to the company - but also very complex!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Staun
Level 3

Weird! - After trying different things (restarting all EV-services) it looks like the Storage Service wasn't running after all. The display showed Running, but it could not be stopped - a server-restart and everything went on fine.

Now I just have to figure out why my test-mailbox on our other site cannot be syncronised/ archived.

This system is a very strong asset to the company - but also very complex!

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Staun,

Complex, but logical also. If you are new to this, I strongly recommend taking an Admin I and II course by Symantec. Really thorough, and you will see the logic behind all together.

Good luck further on.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan