cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable maiboxes

truestriker
Level 2

Hi,
I  just implemented an EV 2007 (v.  7.5), and i have problems enabling mailboxes.
at first try i have successfully enabled all mailboxes. then, I disabled all of them for company policy s sake.
since then, when I try to enable a mailbox, the following error occurs -
´´timed out whilst waiting for the MAPI profile mutex´´.
I have tried all the tips on the support website, (includng MAPI troubleshooting  steps, registry key change) and nothing seems to work.

i am a new EV admin, any help is welcome. 
Environment - OS  Win 2003, Sp2

Thanks
truestriker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Oh,

Read my article here to:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/mapi-issues

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Stupid question, have you bounced the server yet?

Rebel
Not applicable
Have the same problem. has it concern with Restore Spool Admin Queues? cause in Event viewer there are only one event 6419 for the last 2 days. thanks.

truestriker
Level 2
your input its stupid, stupid.
have nothing to say, keep quiet.
look, maybe i am missing a small thing here. just hit me with all you know about the event ID 3230

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
Just go to the following URL, type 3230 in search and you will get a whole lot of hits on that error code.  Most of them related to restarting services and of course MAPI issues.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_results.jsp?SearchTerm=enterprise+vault+for+...

Judy Glazier

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
@truestriker,

You calling me stupid? well maybe i am, but judging from the amount of cases on this site closed by me, I'm not that stupid......

All I was asking is if you have restarted the server to refresh your mapi resources.

A event-Id is useless, without anymore information.  Maybe, if you add some better trace, more information on what you have done trying to troubleshoot you would get a better response.  Maybe its just your misunderstanding of my first post I don't know.

patrickkuah
Level 6
This is a MAPI resource problem. Stop the EV services, delete all outlook profiles created by EV and start all services again... or do as what Wayne suggested, bounce your server to refresh the MAPI resources.

patrickkuah

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Oh,

Read my article here to:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/mapi-issues

patrickkuah
Level 6
good one!

truestriker
Level 2
Ok Wayne,
That didn’t go well. Maybe I misunderstood you.
if so, sorry.
Thanks for all  the inputs.

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.