cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manually store in vault from outlook 2007

burtos
Level 5

I have just noticed that i cant manually vault an email as its returnign the following error message

Could not process the selected items.

Reason: Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable. Try again later

Not sure when this started happening as ive been off the previous week, but was working before that, also i can retrive an archived email from the vault wthout any problems.  This also seems to occur on a few pc's / laptops i have looked at.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

burtos
Level 5

Well i think i may of resolved the issue, looking back through the logs to see when these errors occurred, i noticed they started after i upgraded the office software to office 2007 from 2003, and noticed an error saying that teh outlook version was incompatable, so removed the 2007 version and reinstalled the 2003 version and restarted the server and the services and tasks seem to be running ok, and no more errors as above .

Also the original problem i had in trying to manually archive emails is now working.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Burtos

Is Enterprise Vault available?

Can you use Archive Explorer / Search safe succesfully?

Can you retrieve an item?

If yes, check the vaultserver(s) to see if they are not in backup mode (8.0) or registrykeys that prevent writing (backup mode pre 8.0)

Also check to see if all the services are running, especially storage and indexing.

Any changes on the network being done in the week you are off. Any other users having problems?

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

burtos
Level 5

I can access archive explorer and retrieve an item

All services are running

Vault is not in backup mode

Just checked the event log and getting this error on there

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 3410
Date:  12/10/2010
Time:  11:59:49
User:  N/A
Computer: WCE-EV01
Description:
The task failed to log on to the Exchange Server.

The task is running as a Windows user that is a member of the 'domain admins' group. Remove the user from this group to ensure that the task has sufficient access to the Exchange Server.
Task: Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for DomainName-MX02
Exchange Server: Domainname-MX02
Windows user: DomainName\vaultservice
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

What groups does the vaultservice user have to be a memeber of to have sufficient access to exchange.

GertjanA

Hello Buros,

Installing and Configuring manual, page 61 to 64

Make sure the account is NOT member of Domain Admins, as they have an explicit deny on mailbox access

Regards. Gertjan

burtos
Level 5

I have removed the user from teh domain admins grp, waited a while and have restarted the tasks and services and now get this error. the previous error 3410 seems to of stopped now. 

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 3305
Date:  12/10/2010
Time:  13:27:05
User:  N/A
Computer: Serer Name

Description:
The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for ServerName failed to log on to Exchange server 'ServerName' using mailbox 'SMTP:evuser@DomainName. Please ensure the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server.  

Th mailbox is not hidden, so i presume its probably permissions related.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yeah, it sounds like you need to give EV the full send as/receive as permissions on the exchange site itself

Best thing to do to verify permissions is log on to the EV Server as the EV Admin, create a new profile to connect to an EV System mailbox (not the evadmin mailbox) and see if it lets you log in, if it asks for username/password then this means the send as/receive as permissions have not been set

Is this an Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2003 set up?
If you have Blackberry Enterprise Servers installed btw, you would set up the EVAdmin to have the exact same permissions as the BESAdmin

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GertjanA

It has exactly listed what is needed:

Installing and Configuring manual, page 61 to 64

Regards. Gertjan

burtos
Level 5

Well i think i may of resolved the issue, looking back through the logs to see when these errors occurred, i noticed they started after i upgraded the office software to office 2007 from 2003, and noticed an error saying that teh outlook version was incompatable, so removed the 2007 version and reinstalled the 2003 version and restarted the server and the services and tasks seem to be running ok, and no more errors as above .

Also the original problem i had in trying to manually archive emails is now working.