cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to monitor the status of MSMQ queue EV 5 SP6

Nick_Simmonds
Level 3
Unable to monitor the status of MSMQ queue.
Reason: access is denied (0x80070005)
Queue:TEC-MSA-001\Private$\Enterprise Vault Storage Archive
Check Enterprise Vault server TEC-MSA-001 is running

Has anyone come across this problem before. I have carried out the relative checks in regards to security permissions on the stated queue and even applied an everyone full control permission to see if this alleviates the event -no success.

I now beleive it may be a case of not being able to resolve the server TEC-MSA-001 hence the last line of the event.

I am going to enter a host entry to see if that fixes this issue.

Has anyone come across this before and found a fix for it?
4 REPLIES 4

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Nick, if the host entry doesn't do the trick you may want to reinstall MSMQ and allow EV to rebuild it's queues. But the last line of the error does sound like a name resolution issue.

Nick_Simmonds
Level 3
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your comment. Later in the afternoon I found the reason for this event and it was due to the EV Admin Service being in a stopped state. It would appear that this service is more than just a universal for turning all EV services on and off.

Many thanks

Nick

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Admin service stopped and you can't reach the server? Who knew? :^) Glad you found it, Nick.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes the Admin service is responsible for monitoring the number of items on MSMQ. So the agent will talk to the Admin Service to get this informmation and obviously sometimes it can't.