cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore from Internet Explorer WebApp to users mailbox

Data_Rangler
Level 3

Unable to restore from Internet Explorer WebApp to users mailbox. I get the following two Events, 8390 and 8391.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Shopping Service
Event ID: 8390
Date:  2/13/2013
Time:  8:50:23 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: NGLEV1
Description:
The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

Unspecified error

Internal references:
Error 0x80004005
CDirectoryConnectionObject::ReadArchiveRetrievalTaskByMailboxDN .\DirectoryConnectionObject.cpp [lines {7106,7115,7117}], built Mar 14 10:55:02 2011

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Directory Service
Event ID: 8391
Date:  2/13/2013
Time:  8:50:23 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: NGLEV1
Description:
The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported an error.

Unspecified error

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I believe the error you are getting is because the EVAdmin has not been provisioned
It looks like you're trying to do a restore to its mailbox and its trying to find the exchange server that looks after it

So it has these three lines

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:M DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT JournalTask.TaskEntryId AS JournalTaskId ,RetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS RetrievalTaskId ,Task.ComputerEntryId AS ComputerId  FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry JOIN JournalingTarget ON ExchangeMailboxEntry.ExchangeMailboxEntryId = JournalingTarget.ExchangeMailboxEntryId JOIN JournalTask ON JournalingTarget.TaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN RetrievalTask ON RetrievalTask.ArchivingTaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN Task ON Task.TaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId WHERE LegacyMbxDN = ?

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:M DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS ArchiveTaskId ,RetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS RetrievalTaskId ,Task.ComputerEntryId AS ComputerId  FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry JOIN ExchangeMailboxStore ON ExchangeMailboxStore.MbxStoreIdentity = ExchangeMailboxEntry.MbxStoreIdentity JOIN ExchangeServerEntry ON ExchangeServerEntry.ExchangeServerIdentity = ExchangeMailboxStore.ExchangeServerIdentity JOIN ArchivingRetrievalTask ON ArchivingRetrievalTask.ExchangeServerEntryId = ExchangeServerEntry.ExchangeServerEntryId JOIN RetrievalTask ON RetrievalTask.ArchivingTaskEntryId = ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN Task ON Task.TaskEntryId = ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId WHERE LegacyMbxDN = ?

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:H CDirectoryServiceObject::ReadArchiveRetrievalTaskByMailboxDN - HRXEX fn trace : Error 0x80004005, .\DirectoryServiceObject.cpp [lines {19775,19784,19787,19790,19820,19823,19826,19851}], built Mar 14 10:55:02 2011.
1396 10:13:07.391  [3788] (DirectoryService) <8848> EV~E Event ID: 8391 The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported an error.| |Unspecified error| |

My advice would be, run a SQL Profiler and then do a a Search for those queries and see what LegacyMbxDN its passing through, because its returning no entries so the shopping service doesnt know how to process the mailbox etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Data_Rangler
Level 3

This is for Enterprise Vault 9.0.2. I have two Exchange Servers in a DAG, I am able to restore emails to one exchange server but not the other. I have refreshed the one server not working with the power shell script "SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1" but I am still unable to restore from the main EV server using the IE App

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you verified permission on the Shopping location?

Also, could you grab a dtrace of the shopping service when you try and do the restore?  You can attach it to your post and we can take a look.

Data_Rangler
Level 3

Yes, I have verified the permissions on the Shopping location and I am able to restore to one of two Exchanges servers.

dtrace is attached now

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, I mis-read two Exchange servers to be two EV servers.  blush

Could you grab another trace only this time for agentclientbroker?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Sounds like you may want to re run provisioning and try again

Data_Rangler
Level 3

Dtrace with agentclientbroker attached

JesusWept3
Level 6

You need to dtrace w3wp, shopping service and directoryservice

Data_Rangler
Level 3

New dtrace attached

JesusWept3
Level 6

I believe the error you are getting is because the EVAdmin has not been provisioned
It looks like you're trying to do a restore to its mailbox and its trying to find the exchange server that looks after it

So it has these three lines

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:M DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT JournalTask.TaskEntryId AS JournalTaskId ,RetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS RetrievalTaskId ,Task.ComputerEntryId AS ComputerId  FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry JOIN JournalingTarget ON ExchangeMailboxEntry.ExchangeMailboxEntryId = JournalingTarget.ExchangeMailboxEntryId JOIN JournalTask ON JournalingTarget.TaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN RetrievalTask ON RetrievalTask.ArchivingTaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN Task ON Task.TaskEntryId = JournalTask.TaskEntryId WHERE LegacyMbxDN = ?

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:M DirectoryService: ADO: SELECT ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS ArchiveTaskId ,RetrievalTask.TaskEntryId AS RetrievalTaskId ,Task.ComputerEntryId AS ComputerId  FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry JOIN ExchangeMailboxStore ON ExchangeMailboxStore.MbxStoreIdentity = ExchangeMailboxEntry.MbxStoreIdentity JOIN ExchangeServerEntry ON ExchangeServerEntry.ExchangeServerIdentity = ExchangeMailboxStore.ExchangeServerIdentity JOIN ArchivingRetrievalTask ON ArchivingRetrievalTask.ExchangeServerEntryId = ExchangeServerEntry.ExchangeServerEntryId JOIN RetrievalTask ON RetrievalTask.ArchivingTaskEntryId = ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId JOIN Task ON Task.TaskEntryId = ArchivingRetrievalTask.TaskEntryId WHERE LegacyMbxDN = ?

(DirectoryService) <8848> EV:H CDirectoryServiceObject::ReadArchiveRetrievalTaskByMailboxDN - HRXEX fn trace : Error 0x80004005, .\DirectoryServiceObject.cpp [lines {19775,19784,19787,19790,19820,19823,19826,19851}], built Mar 14 10:55:02 2011.
1396 10:13:07.391  [3788] (DirectoryService) <8848> EV~E Event ID: 8391 The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported an error.| |Unspecified error| |

My advice would be, run a SQL Profiler and then do a a Search for those queries and see what LegacyMbxDN its passing through, because its returning no entries so the shopping service doesnt know how to process the mailbox etc