cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Version 7.0 and server split

Aidan
Level 3
Just a quick question.... Has anyone attempted the version 7.0 upgrade on their own (i.e.) not having it done by veritas/symantec. I've got the guides etc and it seems pretty straight forward.. am I missing something?

Also

We currently have 2 servers - one holds all of the EV data and the other runs ALL of the services. we are looking at putting in a 2nd controller server so that in the event of failure at site1 we can resume normal services at site2.. has anyone put in a similar sort of solution. what are the pro's and con's and are there any licesning issues etc...

many thanks

Aidan
4 REPLIES 4

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
I'd also like to know if the upgrade was fairly straightforward.  I have a few additional questions too ( I hope I don't hijack your thread Aidan... ).

I've upgraded and downloaded the new license files but have a question about the software.  From the licensing site I downloaded 2 arge files called:

1. Symantec_Enterprise_Vault_7.0_Win_Multilingual_cd1.zip
and
2. Symantec_Enterprise_Vault_7.0_AddOns_Win_EN_cd2.zip

Do these NOT contain the SP1 upgrade?  And I should download that file as well ( ev70_sp1_287904.zip )?

When upgrading to version 7, when should we upgrade CA, DA and FSA?  After the EV upgrade is up and running or along side/at the same time the EV upgrade?

Thank you for your help!!!
Phil.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Okay, I found out that the ev70_sp1_287904.zip contains the core version 7 install and SP1 is integrated in that install.

I also found out that DA should not be installed on the CA system.

From what I gather, the version 7 upgrade is just like any other SP upgrade in that you shutdown EV services (iis too if you like), do the upgrade and run the configuration utility.  Then upgrade your OWA (CA and DA if you have them) boxes, upgrade the Forms and Clients.  Is that logical to anyone else?

Thanks,
Phil.

Aidan
Level 3
Well thats all I was going to do when I was upgrading, cant see why so many people keep saying that you have to get symatec in to do it.

Surely theres somebody out there who has done this off their own back?

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
I'm in a position where I can't contract Symantec or some reseller to do the work, besides it's good experience to do these upgrades.  But I'd also like to hear confirmation that others have done it and that it went well Smiley Tongue

If my upgrade plan is missing a step or someone has some insight into a possible issue, please let us know.

Thank you!
Phil.