cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0 - Vault Store Group question + policies question

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello all,

I assume several have already performed the upgrade.
I'm doing it in our test-environment at the moment.

I noticed that (as stated in the documentation) all old Vault stores are placed in a 'Default Upgrade Group' Vaultstoregroup.

When I want to create new groups to move the existing stores in, I am (via the wizard) forced to also create a new store (vault store group and fingerprint database created succesfully. you must add a Vault Store). When I click Cancel, it aborts, and then I can change the vault store groups, set sharing level etc.

Is that as intended? Would it not be easier that if upgraded, you get an option to only create VSG and FPdb, then move existing store(s)?

Question 2
I compared 7.5 policies and 8.0 policies, and as far as I can find, the old settings are kept. I am aware of new settings (move shortcuts!!), but I am checking to see if anyone noticed a policy setting being changed back to default (or other value) which should be monitored.

General comment.
Upgrade went smooth.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Hey mate,

I know what you mean about having to cancel and raised that with pm.  The wizard seems to assume you do not already have any vault stores created and aren't just creating a new Vault Store group.  It would be nice to have a prompt at that point that gave you an option to create a Vault Store or to just stop.

I have not noticed any policies being changed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Gertjan Why would you want to move those things? You can create the Fingerprinting database in the default upgrade group... and even rename the default upgrade group. Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Answer 1)
As far as I was aware you are able to "upgrade" the Default Storage Group to use OSIS. (do whatever you want, same as a new VSG)
I dont get what you mean about the canceling part.

Answer 2)
I have not noticed anything go back to "default" the only things that should be defaulted are new options, well thats what i would expect :)

TonySterling
Hey mate,

I know what you mean about having to cancel and raised that with pm.  The wizard seems to assume you do not already have any vault stores created and aren't just creating a new Vault Store group.  It would be nice to have a prompt at that point that gave you an option to create a Vault Store or to just stop.

I have not noticed any policies being changed.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Ahh OK,

I now know what you mean. 

If you create a new VSG the wizard then starts the new VS wizard.  Seeing that that is covered in GSW, why don't you log this as a request that when you create a VSG that's it, it does not need to launch the VS wizard.

Just my two cents worth.

--wayne

GertjanA
Question answered.

To M.

We have a lot of archiving servers, seperated journlaing and ,mailbox archiving.
Journal is kept 182 days, mail forever.

If i keep 1 fp db, it will grow indefinite.

Mail comes in , gets journalled, fingerprint.
mail goes to user, gets archived, fingerprint reference.
as long as there is a reference, the original item is not deleted...
there is no way you can force what gets fingerprinted first.
hence, journal-stores = 1 fp db
mbx stores = 1 fp db.
probably overhead, but i do not want to risk ending up with a db of terrabytes, and lot of data on journal.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan