cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Windows7 and 64 Bit systems.

The_Conquistado
Level 4
Certified
Hello everyone, we are currently using Symantec E-Vault for storage for e mail with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003/2007, we are currently using version 7.5, at this time there are currently NO plans to upgrade to version 8.0. I would like to know where I can get the latest "add on" information to facilitate these systems, we were a put 32bit shop, now we are making use of Windows 7 and 64BIT systems. Also, I would like to know where I can go to get the release notes e-mailed me via a subscription?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Bryan,

Windows 7 x64 is still in a Pending state for Enterprise Vault 8.0, but it will not be supported by Enterprise Vault 2007 like you on.  I would suggest looking at upgrading Enterprise Vault to v8 before you do your role out of Windows 7.  But on that not it is still not in the comp guide, just pending.

For the latest compatibility charts please see this link ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

As for the Release notes and technotes, you cannot subscribe as far as I know, but take a look at this link it contains all the manuals and technotes http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277782.htm

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Bryan,

Windows 7 x64 is still in a Pending state for Enterprise Vault 8.0, but it will not be supported by Enterprise Vault 2007 like you on.  I would suggest looking at upgrading Enterprise Vault to v8 before you do your role out of Windows 7.  But on that not it is still not in the comp guide, just pending.

For the latest compatibility charts please see this link ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

As for the Release notes and technotes, you cannot subscribe as far as I know, but take a look at this link it contains all the manuals and technotes http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277782.htm