Did you mean: 

User mailbox not automatically enabled.

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

I have provision 10 users.

On the Exchange Provisioning Task, I click "Run now"

On the Mailbox task, I can syncrhonization 10 users. Does this means the user mailbox are automatically enabled since on the  PROVISION GROUP (RIGHT-CLICK PROPERTIES), The Archiving tab ("automatically enabled mailboxes is enabled"). How can automatically enabled mailbox be done  ?

However, on the Archive -> Exchange Mailbox, I did not see any any users appear. 

Pls avise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Which setting?

Can you mark a post as the solution, or if you found the solution yourself, can you post some detailed steps, and mark you own post as the solution, then?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi Yobo,

This is normal, the Provisioning Task does not actually do the enable work, this is handled by the Archive Agent.  So what you have done is correct, however you missing one step of the process out.

You will need to do a "run now" on the Archive Task once the users have been provisioned ;)  Its the Archive Task that enables them.

--wayne

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi Wayne,

I did try the arching task but  no mailbox appear on " the Archive -> Exchange Mailbox,"

Genernally, if I click run now on the mailbox archiving task , how long will it takes to appear in the   exchange mailbox.

Am I right to say that the archive task refers to "Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task"

Thanks

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi Yobo,

Yes you are right I am referring to the "Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task" 

How long will it take? well that's all dependent on how much work the archiving task needs to do... to speed it up set the number of messages to archive down to 10 and run it against all mailboxes, this will speed up the run dramatically.

Monitor MSMQ to see when it is finished.  Once your queue is down to 0 your archive should appear in the list of archives, saying that as long as that user had some data that was eligible for archiving.

--wayne

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Yobo,

Did this solve your issue?

--wayne

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

It does not. PLS HELP

If I add a new user e.g Userx to the Provisioning group and then run ' exchange provisioning task-> run now" and then run mailbox archiving task-> run now, the new user say userx  does not appear in the Exchange Mail.

When I click Exchange Mailbox Archiving run now,  there are two option
a) Archive All mailboxes
b) Archive selected mailbox.

When I select "Archive Selected mailbox", there is no mailbox found as I believe this is not be enabled ecuase when I go to Tools-> Enabled mailbox, I can see that userX mailbox waiting to be enabled.

If I manually go to Tools-> Enabled mailbox and  List all available mailbox, I can see userX. From here if I canonitue, UserX will get it created under the Archive-> Exchange Mailbox

Pls advise how to get mailbox automatically enabled Without going to Tools-> Enabled mailbox when user are in the provision group.

MichelZ
Level 6
Can you run the Provisioning Task in Report Mode and have a look at the Report?
(Gets saved in the /Reports/ directory)

Is the User in question listed there?
And in the correct Provisioning Group?

Remember, Provisiong Groups are hierarchy based.
The first group with the highes precedence that matches a user is then "executed", and all others are ignored for the same user.

Cheers

Murr38
Level 4
Partner
Hi Yobo.

Can you not just go to the Properties of the Provisioning group, on the Archiving Defaults tab, and click on "Automatically enable mailboxes"

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

Can you not just go to the Properties of the Provisioning group, on the Archiving Defaults tab, and click on "Automatically enable mailboxes"

The archiving default tab was not selected. I have just click automatically enabled mailboxes. I run the provisiong task and mailbox archiving, still it does not appear.  I have two users in this provision group and verify that this are the users and I have only one provision group.

How long will I need to wait for the mailbox to be automatically enabled, rather than I manually enabled.

Thanks

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

I finally managed to get it work after I perform the setting on the default ev site.

Thanks for the great help

MichelZ
Level 6
Which setting?

Can you mark a post as the solution, or if you found the solution yourself, can you post some detailed steps, and mark you own post as the solution, then?

Cheers

symsks
Level 3
I put two users into a provisioning group.  1 of the users was automatically enabled and archiving.  The other user, I see has not been enabled and waiting for me to enable it.  My provisioning group is set to automatically enable user mailboxes.

For the heck of it, I've tried doing a manual run of the archiving/provisioning tasks (even though they're on a automatic schedule).   That same mailbox is still waiting for me to enable.  I would like to be able to just add users to the respective AD groups and not have to worry about having to manually enabling them.

I checked the site level properties mentioned by the OP but don't see any settings there which pertain to this ...

denoordhout
Level 4
What setting did you change to make it work???
Please tell us