cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mailbox size is not reducing after archiving in Enterprise vault

Siddarth_Sajjan
Level 3

Folks user mailbox size is not getting reduced after archiving in enterprise vault.

can you please advise me what might b wrong???

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

And also, for shortcut content I don't recommend full message body.  Go with customize and the first 500 characters or so.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You have to be a bit more specific here.

- Any errors in Eventlog?

- How do you know the MBX is not decreasing?

- Are the elements eligible for archiving? What does report-mode on that user say?

- Are there elements pending backup? (i.e. the "clock" icon in the users mailbox)

- Is this scheduled or manual archiving? How long have you waited?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with the comments from Michel.  In a production environment you're not likely to see an immediate size reduction on the mailbox, until the items that have been archived have turned in to full shortcuts, and then it depends on your shortcutting policy.

We need those details really, to help further.

Working for cloudficient.com

Siddarth_Sajjan
Level 3

Hi Michel and Rob Thanks for your time and quick reply.

Michel I will give you full details including errors triggered in EV server tomorow morning.

Ta

Sid

Siddarth_Sajjan
Level 3

Hi There

Support person from EV looked and went through user outlook, user has hundreds folders and thousands of emails archived and shortcuts. due to too many ev shortcuts user mailbox looks full.

not major.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ah yes, several other people encounter similar problems.  The thing to consider in that case is either a) never create shortcuts to archived items b) expire shortcuts after (say) 6 months, or less.

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

And also, for shortcut content I don't recommend full message body.  Go with customize and the first 500 characters or so.