cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FSAUtility to Recall Placeholder

Leo_Wan
Level 5

Hi,

I have the file server archived by EV FSA 7.0, and would like to make use of the FSAUtility to do a mass recall of the placeholders on the file server. However, I realized the FSAUtility does not have the capability to recall placeholder with the -b option until EV version 9.x. All I can do with version 7.0 is to restore the archive using the -t option. Unfortunately, it will restore everything inside the archive, and if I do a restore to the original location, the restored archive item will even overwrite the newer files on the original location.

Anyway to do mass recall in EV FSA version 7.0? Can I use the FSAUtility version 9 to perform recall in an EV 7.0 environment? Any input are welcome.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
This should work from remote too, as Long as the user you are connecting with is an Administrator on the fileserver with the FSA Agent.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6

Unfortunately it absolutely will not work, if you want to go the FSAUtility route, you have to upgrade, there simply is no choice i'm afraid

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MichelZ
Level 6

Hi

Set the BypassRecallLimitsForAdmins registry key.

Then recall everyhing by for example triggering a full virus scan with the scan offline files option.

Cheers
Michel

Leo_Wan
Level 5

Thanks Michael!

Looks like Robocopy work pretty good as well, though I don't care what was copied to the target. Another question is, how the "BypassRecallLimitsForAdmins" works? Can I map from a remote server using an admin account and still able to bypass the limit? or I need to do it locally on the file server with the FSA Agent installed?

MichelZ
Level 6
This should work from remote too, as Long as the user you are connecting with is an Administrator on the fileserver with the FSA Agent.