Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache Server View website and Cache location

Thorsten_Lai
Level 3

Hi @ all,

my problem is referenced to the forum discussion of Hans Peeters:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vault-cache-server-view-website-and-cache-location#co...

We have the same Problem, that PST FIles will stay in the VcBuilds folder on the EV server. It looks like users are trying to synchronize their vault cache but it was interupted and never started again.

So the discussion above was marked as "solved" but is it. I don´t think so.

Is there a possibility to find the computer, where the vault cache synchronization was started or a possibility to deleted these unwanted and no longer used files?

I tried to find something in the Vault database and directly on the server, but cannot find anything sad

So, if anybody has a (real) solution, could you please post it?

Thanks a lot for all statements.

regards

Thorsten

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Thorsten,

If you look at the files, the name (from the thread you posted) seems to be : 1D8F403C53E0B874C80FCC45310AB9F981p10000EVSITE1.pst

My guess is that the first part (1D8F403C53E0B874C80FCC45310AB9F981p10000) indicates the archive it is exporting. Can you in the VAC do a ctrl+shift, rightclick on Archives. Enter the above id, and see if that brings something.

If it does, you know which archive it is doing. IF not, ask Support if they know how to figure out for who the VC-file is..

What might happen is that someone with a laptop connected to the network, a VC build was initiated, and then the laptop was not connected again. Hence the file stays on the server...

Regards. Gertjan

Thorsten_Lai
Level 3

Hi GertjanA,

that was the first step I tried wink

If you have a look the the "Vault Cache server view" you can see, that the "Job ID" is the same as the name of the pst file in the VCBuilds folder. The Vault ID is listed at the end of the "Parameters" column.

If I try to search in the VAC, I get the message that no archives could be found.

regards

Thorsten

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

How long are the files staying for?

Working for cloudficient.com

Thorsten_Lai
Level 3

Hi Rob,

the files are staying for few weeks. The user has an actual VC, so the other three parts in Vault Cache Server view are old and no longer required. Does EV automatically purge these files after a specified date/time range?

regards

Thorsten

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Thorsten, I believe they'll get cleared up yes..  not sure (without checking) on the timespan.

Working for cloudficient.com