cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache Setup Wizard

rouute
Level 6
I have set the vault cache setup wizard to off ( Advanced tab/Vault Cache) on both my Exchange and Desktop policies but the Wizard still shows in Outlook.

I assume that this is the wizard, it says Yuor mailbox has been enabled to use offline vault. An offline vault gives you instant...........

why? did I miss a setting?

Using EV 8 SP2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rouute
Level 6
problem was wrong client version

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

EVNoodles
Level 4
Employee
Did you synchronise the changes in policy to the specified user?

rouute
Level 6

yes, I have EV set to sync twice a day and it has been all weekend.

vova
Level 4

MSMQ a7 empty ?
anything in event viewer ?

EVNoodles
Level 4
Employee
Could you confirm what service pack of Enterprise Vault 8.0 are you running also what client version

rouute
Level 6
Using EV 8 SP2

Outlook 2003

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is this for all users?

Look in your registry and see if you have OVEnabled set to 1. It will be under the location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}

If it is there set it to 0 and restart OL.

rouute
Level 6
I set the entry to 0 and rebooted. still see the Wizard.

rouute
Level 6
yes, all users

rouute
Level 6
I saw this in the client log

OVENABLED = 2

also, one client shows OVSETUPWIZARD = 0 in the log, another client does not.

TonySterling
Have you  seen this technote?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/324978 

Vault Cache (VC) is being enabled automatically when policy is set to 'Allow users to decide' and 'Show Setup Wizard' is set to Off.

Details:
This issue can occur if both of the following Exchange Desktop Policy configuration options are in place and the user has been enabled for archiving.  

•  The Exchange Desktop Policy has VC enabled and set to Allow users to decide.  
  •  Show Setup Wizard had been set to off in the Advanced settings of the Exchange Desktop Policy.  

To determine if these settings are in place perform the following.  

1.  Open the Vault Administration Console (VAC) and expand Directory on Server_name > EV_Site_name > Policies > Exchange.  

2.  Click on Desktop to display policies.  

3.  Right-click on the Exchange Desktop Policy name and choose Properties.

4.  Click the Vault Cache tab and verify that the setting under Make Vault Cache available for users is set to Allow users to decide.  

NOTE:  If the option to Make Vault Cache available for users is not checked then VC has not been configured and clients will not be automatically enabled.  

5.  Click on the Advanced tab and set List settings from: to Vault Cache.  

6.  Verify Show Setup Wizard is set to Off.  

If both of these options are in place then the user will get automatically enabled for VC the first time they open Outlook.  

If it is necessary to ensure users are not being automatically enabled for VC then one of the following procedures should be followed.  

Workaround 1
Setup a provisioning group that does not have VC enabled and ensure it is the first group to be processed.  

1.  Create a new Exchange Desktop Policy and disable the option to Make Vault Cache available for users.

2.  Create a new Provisioning Group and place any groups/users that should not be enabled for VC in this group and target the Exchange Desktop Policy created in step 1.  

3.  Ensure the new Provisioning Group has a rank of 1 so that it is processed first.   This can be performed by going to Directory on Server_name > EV_Site_name > Targets > Exchange > Domain_name in the VAC, right-clicking on Provisioning Group and selecting Properties.   Move the newly created group to the top of the list.  

4.  Synchronize all users from the Mailbox Archiving Task(s) Synchronization tab.  

Workaround 2
Set the Show Setup Wizard option to On in the Exchange Desktop Policy.

1.  Right-click on the Exchange Desktop Policy name and choose Properties.

2.  Click the Vault Cache tab and verify that the setting under Make Vault Cache available for users is set to Allow users to decide.  

3.  Click on the Advanced tab and set List settings from: to Vault Cache.  

4.  Change Show Setup Wizard to On.  

5.  Synchronize all users from the Mailbox Archiving Task(s) Synchronization tab.

NOTE:  This option will still allow users to enable VC or to cancel the wizard, but it will not automatically enable them for VC.  

TonySterling
Sorry, saved to soon.  What I wanted you to check was that the first provisioning group did not have Vault Cache enabled as in workaround 1.

rouute
Level 6
I saw that but my setting is to Auto enable.

TonySterling
ok, so you want Auto enable without the wizard?  (Just clarifying) :)

rouute
Level 6
problem was wrong client version