cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Data Migration from EMC Centera to SAN (NTFS)

FOXA777
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi

I have a customer currently using EV 8 with EMC Centera as their primary Vault Store. The EV Server assigned for Exchange Mailbox and Exchange Journal Archiving. The data size in EMC Centera is more like 10TB. Now the customer wants to move the Vault Store data from EMC Centera to SAN (NTFS).

As a result we are looking for a utility (Symantec or thard-party) like "Centera to NTFS Migration", I was expecting EVSVR can do that but little confused. Thank you and please advice.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There currently isn't a Centera to NTFS Migrator but you could look at a migration tool to help you go from EV 8\Centera to EV 10\NTFS.

Archive Shuttle by QuadroTech is one I would recommend http://www.quadrotech-it.com

Look at your various options and find the best fit.

Let me know if you have any question on any of them.  You can PM if you like.

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There currently isn't a Centera to NTFS Migrator but you could look at a migration tool to help you go from EV 8\Centera to EV 10\NTFS.

Archive Shuttle by QuadroTech is one I would recommend http://www.quadrotech-it.com

Look at your various options and find the best fit.

Let me know if you have any question on any of them.  You can PM if you like.

Tony

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

There is also another EV partner called Interlock Technology who has different approach specifically geared for Centera migrations.  See the EV Extensions/Partner page (Migration and Custom Solutions tab) for more info about migration partners.

FOXA777
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thank you all for your help and support. I am currently contacting Akaibu and Interlock Technology for more information, will keep you updated.

ChristinaPrimea
Not applicable

Hello FoxA777,

I know it has been about a month since your last post, but wanted to check in and see if you were able to get services for the above migration.  I know EMC's Professional Services team could help if you are still looking for someone.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance.

Christina

christina.primeau@emc.com