cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Permission Sync

Sal_DeAugustino
Level 4
Scenario: Want to give user x permission to user y vault.

Process: Select user y vault right click, select properties, permissions add user x to list with grant permission to read and write. Then select archive task and sync mailboxes.

Issue: It takes hours (up to 24 hours) for the vault for user y to appear in archive explorer of user x.

Is there a way to speed up this process?
3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you tried refreshing the AE view?

This is from the help, it talks about items being deleted, but it might force the refresh to catch the new archive.

Updating Archive Explorer view
You can refresh your Archive Explorer view to ensure it reflects when items have been deleted from your vault:

Check that you have a network connection .
On your Outlook menu bar, go to Tools, Enterprise Vault and select Refresh Archive Explorer View.
You are prompted to confirm that you want to proceed. Click Yes.
When the progress dialog closes, the refresh is finished.

Notes
If you have a dial up connection and a very large vault (thousands of items), the refresh may take some time.
The refresh option may not be available to you, depending on how your administrator has set up your vault.
For information on the other offline vault options available on the Tools menu, see Enterprise Vault Help Topics on the Help menu in the Outlook menu bar.

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
I believe that vault permissions are related to ACLS in AD/Exchange. Have you tried going to active directory sites and services and forcing AD replication?

Sal_DeAugustino
Level 4
No I have not tried this yet. I will try that route next time.

Thanks