Did you mean: 

Vault store configuration

m_m1
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I am about to configure a 2 EV server implemantation as follows;

Site A has an Exchange 2003 server, a SQL server and an EV 8 server

Site B has an Exchange 2003 server, a SQL server and an EV 8 server

Both EV servers are in the same EV site. The link between sites is a VPN tunnel, which is fine sometimes but doesn't always seem stable.

The question is around Vault store groups. I plan to create a single Vault store group and have 2 Vault stores in the group, one Vault store for site A and one for site B. There will be no sharing between the vault stores. This gives me the ability to switch sharing on at some point in the future if the link becomes more stable, but shouldn't mean SQL traffic between the two sites looking for SIS.

When I create the Vault store group, however, the fingerprint database has to reside somewhere, say on the SQL server at site A. The question is, will this be accessed by site B in any way when no sharing is set up?  

m_m
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6

The answer will be no.  The Fingerprint database i snot accessed if no sharing enabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

The answer will be no.  The Fingerprint database i snot accessed if no sharing enabled.

m_m1
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I thought not, but was a bit puzzled as to why the fingerprint database is created when creating a vault store group whether?? configured with or without sharing??

m_m1
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Actually, after configuring this it seems like the fingerprint database IS accessed as long as sharing is configured anywhere.

I created a vault store group on EV/SQL server at site A. Then a vault store on the EV/SQL server at site A and a vault store on the EV/SQL server at site B. Then put both these vault stores in the Vault group and configured it for sharing within vault store only (not within the group).

Unfortunately it seems that the sharing within the vault store at site B uses the fingerprint database on site A created when I created the vault store.

So I will have to have 2 seperate Vault store groups one for each site.

m_m