cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's these Events? : The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error. The RPC server is unavailable.

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Hi there,

We are running an EV8 environment in which we are testing some mailboxes for archiving.
Archiving works fine, but in the event viewer a lot of 8390 events: 
"The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error. The RPC server is unavailable."

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this and if I have to worry about something.
Like I said Archiving works.

I hope someone can point me in the good direction.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

My guess is that you have shortcuts that point to other EV systems that EV cannot connect to...

enable dtrace for the archivingtask and set up a dtrace trigger on the event so that EV will then capture details of the item (assuming I'm correct) and then potentially remove the item or perhaps add a host entry for this 'other system' to the host file to point to this actual EV system (so the connection at least works)

Let me know what happens as this sounds like something we should handle better (IF my theory is right...)

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Marc,

I've seen this when connectivity to SQL was disturbed.
I would check the eventlogs on the sql server to see if you can find something in there.

regards.

Regards. Gertjan

LanceChase
Level 4
Certified
We started seeing the same event over and over again in our event log. When we opened a case with Symantec we were told to create an odbc connection between each of our servers for all DB's.

That however did not completely correct the issue, we still get these events.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

My guess is that you have shortcuts that point to other EV systems that EV cannot connect to...

enable dtrace for the archivingtask and set up a dtrace trigger on the event so that EV will then capture details of the item (assuming I'm correct) and then potentially remove the item or perhaps add a host entry for this 'other system' to the host file to point to this actual EV system (so the connection at least works)

Let me know what happens as this sounds like something we should handle better (IF my theory is right...)

Cheers,
Mike

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner

True, old items from an older archiving environment were imported incorrectly and referred to an older system.