cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Enterprise Vault OWA Extensions to install my exchange?

ALI_2
Level 3

Hello

I have one Exchange Server. I do send and receive mails with this server.

Now, I want to install OWA Extensions but when I look Installing and Planning Guide, it has just explained 2 choose; back-end and front-end.

Which one I need install of them?

3 REPLIES 3

SymcMarj
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

the EV binaries will actually tell you what kind of server you are on. But from what it seems like it is your backend exchange server.

ALI_2
Level 3

Hello

I did back-end installion according to Installation and Planning guide for EV.

When I complete installation, I just saw EV icons on mail, but I couldn't see archived mails.

Caution, I saw section 9 in backend installion part in Installion and Planning Guide, " You can now install the OWA Extensions on front-end Exchange Server computers."

What will I do? After I complete back-end installion need to go front-end installation? 

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have only 1 exchange server then this must be your mailbox server (Back End Server). You would only have a front end server mostly if you access your mail from outside of the company and even then you still do not need one but we are getting into things that are outside of the scope of this question.

It would appear that you have installed the back end extensions and are seeing the EV icons next to your mails but you are still having issues.

Do you see any EV buttons on the premium toolbar or the normal toolbar?

Can you open archived items or do you get an error message?

Unfortunately OWA interaction is quite an in depth process and there are many reasons why buttons are not appearing and reason why you cannot open archived items. I would strongly recommend that you open a support case with us so that we can work through your problem with you.

The first couple of things you can provide support is:-

1. A detailed description of your exchange environment

2. EV Version

3. Exchange Version including any hotfixes that have been applied

4. A log will have been created on your mailbox server when you ran your extensions called backend2003setup.wsf. (This is presuming you are running Exchange 2003)

5. There is also a file called evbackend.ini in the same directory as the previous file. In there you will see an entry like this:-

exchangediagnostics=0

Change this value to a value of 2 and sign into OWA as an EV enabled user. This will create a log in the OWA\Logging directory of your mailbox server.

If you provide the above this will give support a great starting point and assist in a quicker resolution time.