cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which file / directory to backup before upgrading EV 8 into v 9 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi all,

May I know which directory or files that I need to backup before I upgrade the Enterprise Vault from version 8 into 9 ?

I know that I can backup the EV database in the SQL Server 2005 easily, and also copying the Index and Vaultstore drive into large USB drive just in case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello John,

Backup SQL, Index, VaultStore. Verify MSMQ's are empty. Backup changed languages files (ie the messages used to send to enabled users (msg files). Backup changed webapp.ini if necessary. Backup Registry. You alo might want to backup the Cache location. In general, backing up SQL,Index and Storage is sufficient.

If this is a small environment, what you can do is backup data, and then before upgrading, make a copy of the whole Enterprise Vault folder. to somewhere else.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello John,

Backup SQL, Index, VaultStore. Verify MSMQ's are empty. Backup changed languages files (ie the messages used to send to enabled users (msg files). Backup changed webapp.ini if necessary. Backup Registry. You alo might want to backup the Cache location. In general, backing up SQL,Index and Storage is sufficient.

If this is a small environment, what you can do is backup data, and then before upgrading, make a copy of the whole Enterprise Vault folder. to somewhere else.

Regards. Gertjan

John_Santana
Level 6

Yes, that does make sense, I'll prepare my backup before I do the inline upgrade into 9.0.4