cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Mail-App and EV12

SYM-AJ
Level 5

I have a client who is currently using EV12.1.1 for Exchange 2010/2016 Journal & Mailbox archiving.

They have a requirement whereby a number of mobile users with laptops running Windows 10 need access to email, and the email will be subject to EV Archiving on Exchange.

The laptops are NOT domain attached, and do not have outlook installed.

They are currently using the inbuilt Windows 10 Mail App to access email - using MobileIron, but I need to know if and how they could access archived email with this configuration should we enable their mailboxes for archiving.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

AJ.

1 REPLY 1

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

For this situation, you might set up IMAP access to the archives. You basically get the archive showing as a second account in the mail client, so your users would see two accounts in Windows Mail, one for their mailbox and one for their archive. They can drag and drop between the two. See the Setting up IMAP guide for more info.

If they have shortcuts in the Exchange mailbox, then these will not work in Windows Mail (this functionality requires the Outlook Add-in). It sounds like you have not yet enabled these users for archiving, so I would recommend setting up a separate provisioning group with a mailbox policy that does not use shortcuts for these users, to avoid confusion.

Another option that doesn't use the Windows Mail app but might still be useful is just a shortcut to EV Search on their desktop.

Hope that helps.

--Chris