cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong icons archived messages

rvdhooff
Level 3
Two of our users reported that they have the wrong icons. They see a icon with the unread email envelope instead of the vault icon. The message class is IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut. If a user dragged a message to the Mail Archive the icon changes to the unread envelope icon if the message is actually archived (and the message class is changed to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut).

All of the the forms are installed (version 7.5.1-001)
With the "Design a Form" option I can see that the form haves the correct icon.
Reinstalling the client doesn't help.
Followed the instructions in : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281728.htm, but this all doesn't help.

VERSION INFORMATION
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Professional (Build 6000)
Outlook 12
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16546
Enterprise Vault 705010000

Anyone suggestions?
35 REPLIES 35

rvdhooff
Level 3
We haven't tried this, but surely going to do that monday. I'll keep you updated.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Thanks for the feedback, I hopw that the fixmapi works.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Thanks for the feedback, I hope that the fixmapi works.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Any luck with FIXMAPI??

rvdhooff
Level 3

On the 31st of December no users were available. This was also my last day at this company because I switched to another job. I'll contact my old colleagues to inform about Fixmapi.exe and try to updates this post as much as possible.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Thanks, I would really appreciate that.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Any update on this?

Jim S.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
rvdhoof,

Have you managed to chat to your old collegues as i would love to know if FIXMAPI worked?

Thanks,
Tyrone

J_p1
Level 2
As one of rvdhooff's old colleagues i tried to run fixmapi.exe on one of our issued clients. Unfortunately no result on the icons. This week one of Symantecs support engineers wil start a Webex session with one of our users to take a look at the problem. Keep you guys posted....

(In the meantime, if you have any more suggestions: please let me know) 

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Thanks for the feedback J_P, please keep me posted if Symantec support make any developments.

J_p1
Level 2
Update: it seems that this issue is related to display configuration settings. All of our clients having the problem had a changed DPI setting. Apparently EV can't handle any higher DPI setting than the default value (96 DPI). I reported this to Symantec, waiting for their answer....

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Others solutions about the problem?

J_p1
Level 2
Nope, not that I know of. Symantec is going to create a Technote for this issue, there's no fix yet, just the workaround (set dpi settings to default).

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Thanks for your reply

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Any news?

J_p1
Level 2

Actually there is:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/304137 

Worked fine for me. Sorry I didn't report back earlier.