cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get KVS to work with OWA

darren_corneliu
Level 3
we are running kvs 5sp5 and have followed the instructions but cannot view any items through OWA. Backend server win 2003. any ideas ?
18 REPLIES 18

darren_corneliu
Level 3
in the backend2003 log file I have ado connections errors at defineschema sections...
No kvs icons show through OWA and you cannot access any items.??

darren_corneliu
Level 3
UPDATE

I reinstalled backend setup logged into the ROOT domain and this cleared the ADO conections errors......but still after restarting services no access to archeived mail through OWA!

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Can you be a bit more descriptive as to what you are seeing/getting.
Cheers

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
off the top of my head I can't remember whether v5SP5 actually displays vault icons for Exchange 2003 OWA. I know that SP1-4 didn't. In V6 this is fixed -a MS problem according to Symantec ;)

Are you seeing the forms being registered for each mailbox store in the backend setup log file?

darren_corneliu
Level 3
description - accessing through OWA any email that has been archeived shows as having nothing in the message body - just blank

on setup log file it goes through the the whole setp without errors - it did create the forms using the forlder c:\program files\enterprise vault\\webapp - not the "\\"
I changed this under IIS and restarted all services - iis admin, kvs admin and resynched arceiving service - still nothing.

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Did you load the modified controls in Exchange for EV/OWA?

ctrl_View.xsl...etc.

Probably also have to add the servers to IE.

darren_corneliu
Level 3
no I haven't - escuse my ignorance - how do I do that ?
Also do I need to restart exchnage services ?Message was edited by:
darren cornelius

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Do you normally allow message content in your shortcuts?

In the IIS logs on your vault server are there any entries that indicate a request is making it from the BE server to the EV server. If so - is there an account against the GET command? It may be that your anonymous account is not set correctly.

Also verify your WinProxy settings by typing proxycfg at the command prompt.

darren_corneliu
Level 3
not sure about the message content - how could I check ?

Proxy settings are fine - exchange 2003, sql, kvs and OWA all installed on one box. OWA works fine - KVS works fine but KVS through OWA doesn't work....

In the IIS logs - there is no mention of EV at all - even when I connect to OWA the logs shows the connections but never mentions EV at all.

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Ok - This is not a typical configuration but it should all work on one box (I have a number of VMWare demos which are all in one and work fine.)

Firstly, by shortcut content, I mean the site settings tab for shortcut content - are you putting any of the message body in the shortcuts?

IIS logs are only good for troubleshooting connections between different servers so that won't be as revealing for you.

what is your proxycfg output? Have you added to the proxycfg -d switch?

darren_corneliu
Level 3
no we are not using the shotcuts. Local is added aswell as the servers name, FQDN, alias etc.. still no joy.

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Do you have the following lines in the backendsetup2003.wsf.log file ?:

: ConfigureInformationStores : Found 1 matching mailbox information store....

ConfigureMailboxInfoStore : Registering for : CN=Mailbox Store.....

ConfigureMailboxInfoStore : Registering forms using mailbox: SystemMailbox{.....

RegisterContentClasses : Registering content class:...

RegisterVaultForms : Registering form:....

Also in the IIS Directory Security tab remove the back slash and enter the domain name that the server resides in for all the EV Virtual directories.

You might want to check the EVAnon virtual directory and reset the password on it.

OWA extensions on Exchange 2003 are difficult to say the least (wait to you try it on a cluster!)

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you trying to open and item in a service account mailbox, or another mailbox...and do you have permissions to the archive where the shortcut is pointing? Everything is local so not sure why you need a proxy config. My earlier post was in reference to adding EV buttons to OWA, which is part of your question...but not the real problem.

Do you get any new window opening from the shortcut? If so, what is the source.

What do you get when you open the same mailbox using the same credentials but with full Outlook?

darren_corneliu
Level 3
i have the first 2 lines for configure but not

Registering forms, registering content class , registervaultforms ????

darren_corneliu
Level 3
i have tried this with various users - using full blown outlook I can open, extract etc with KVS but using the same user/credentials and same email message in OWA it just shows the message body as blank

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
I have a feeling that the form registration isn't working properly. Could you rename your old backendsetup2003.wsf.log file

Then from a command line run:

Cscript backend2xxxsetup.wsf /dnsdomain:(dnsdomain) /formregmbx:(system mailbox)

Note: if the dnsdomain is different to the SMTP domain – use the SMTP domain
Find the system mail box in ADUC and copy the display name, should be in the format SystemMailbox{4791d545-56……

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
b:(:(dy auto smilies!
replaced the smilies in that last script with : ( without the spaces!

darren_corneliu
Level 3
Thanks for the help matthew. I had already tried that command previous but I wasnt using the top level domain so I got some ado connections errors.

Now working fine. Thanks.