cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable Offline Vault when user logs on a Citrix Terminal Server

Albert_A
Level 3
Hallo,
can I disable Offline Vault Store creation when a user logs on to a citrix terminal server??
We have a lot of users working with Outlook 2003 Sp2 on Citrix Terminal Servers. I enabled somer testusers for Offline Vault. Now there is a Offline Vault for each of this users on the Citrix Terminal Servers. Its no problem with 5 users, but a very big with 500.
Is there a chance to enable Offline Vault for users who works on Citrix Terminalservers?
Albert

3 REPLIES 3

Yngve
Level 2
This is also a challenge in our organization. Please post if anyone has suggestions or solutions to this.

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
We created a .reg file that exported the registry key for the OVEnabled key set to 0.  This overrides the policy disables the Offline Vault.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client]
"OVenabled"=dword:00000000

Then in our userlogon.cmd file we put the following lines in:

rem import the Enterprise Vault Offline Vault disable registry key
regedit /s n:\EV-OV-disable.reg

This will import the registry key for any user who logs into the Citrix server.  That's it.

Yngve
Level 2
Thank you for your answer Vogel. Smiley Happy

I also found the regkey, OVEnabled, from reading the EV policy and have tested it. In our environment it's function seems to be that the OV is default disabled each time a user logs on to Outlook on the terminal server which the key is set to "0". Still the users is able to enable OV and - if they do a somewhat quickly restart of Outlook (to make the chage take affect) - would make OV produce files on the servers disk.

However, we are going forward with this solution. Were setting up Citrix to drop saving any OV files to the profile by the users logoff, just in case if someone actually should manage to enable OV in Citrix Outlook. We really dont think it will be a problem and feel confident of coping with it if so should happen.