cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eVault restoring an email from Outlook

Claire_Wilson
Level 4

Hi All,

I changed the settings in my eVault client so that when I click "View the Original Item" the email opens up in Outlook instead of a browser. Now however I can't restore emails in the same way I used to. In the browser there was a restore icon that I used but now that I'm opening the emails in Outlook this restore icon is not available. I want to either configure the eVault client so that emails can be restored when they're opened in Outlook or put it back to opening the email in the browser, I can't figure out either of these so help would be appreciated!

I'm running eVault v9 and the client is on Outlook 2010

Thanks

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Claire,

That is expected behavior.  If you do not already can you enable the Restore button in Outlook.  Open the Desktop policy and look on the Options tab.  If the Restore button isn't selected go ahead and enable it then Synchronize your mailbox.  You will  need to close and re-open Outlook.

It will look like this:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Claire,

Have a look at this - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51675

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you mean you want to be able to do a restore from the open mail item?  ie the regular mail message?

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Claire,

That is expected behavior.  If you do not already can you enable the Restore button in Outlook.  Open the Desktop policy and look on the Options tab.  If the Restore button isn't selected go ahead and enable it then Synchronize your mailbox.  You will  need to close and re-open Outlook.

It will look like this: