cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ev6 SP3 / Outlook 2003 / RPC

Paul_Cherry
Level 2
Hello all

I'm experiencing some very strange goings on with my setup. I am experiencing weird problems when clicking on the EV buttons search buttons at the top, and when clicking the Archive Explorer button. I'm running EV 6.0 SP3, Outlook 2003, with clients running a mixture of v5 and v6 clients. Our outlook settings are also configured to use our OWA server as RPC over HTTPS, and they're all in cached mode.

If a client is running v5, all is ok. However its the clients running v6 that the problems occur. When I click on the Search button, the search page appears as normal. However when I click the search button to revert back to Outlook, a folder with a hypen "-" appears in the Deleted Items. If I repeat the same exercise in online mode opposed to cached mode, then the problem doesn't occur.

The other strange problem is when the Archive Explorer button is clicked, instead of getting Archive Explorer I get a logon page for my OWA. If I disable RPC over HTTPS then the problem does not occur.

To reiterate if I remove version 6 and install version 5, everything works OK.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis_Methot
Level 4
Hi,

I get the same with an Outlook 2003 RPCoverHTTP with EV 6.0 SP3, when I click on the EV Search button in Outlook a folder under the delete folder gets created "-". Anyone know why?

ThanksMessage was edited by:
Denis Methot

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Search has always worked this way. ie creating a folder called - in deleted items folder.
EV will delete the folder once it's finished with. However in cached mode often Outlook doesn't end up syncing the delete so the - remains.

This is no different between V5 and V6 or whether using RPC over HTTP or not.