cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to PST

goof717
Level 5

Hello all.  thanks for the time and effort.

a few of our users are requesting an pst export of their archived mailbox for the past year...  i read this article and it says i can do it through the export wizard or browser.  I prefer using the export wizard.  the one question the article didnt explain is what happens to the archive stubs in the user's mailbox? thanks.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54281&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D1398053707966HN67HK51FB64Iw72vyyGvBst280vIwQ4dG9WF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Take a look at the options which are available.  This screen is available whether you export to PST or to a mailbox:

2014-04-23_07h05_39.png

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Nothing will happen to them, they'll say where they are.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello goof717,

When you perform a PST export from the VAC, the "Export to PST" wizard doesn't connect to the mailboxes in Exchange. It exports the data from the archive. Thus, the Enterprise Vault shortcuts will stay untouched in the mailbox.

There is an option in the wizard where you can remove the archived items from the archive whicih might break the shortcuts in the mailboxes but, for your case, you would be using the third option "Export all items in this date range" since you want to export only one year.

I hope this helps.

goof717
Level 5

thanks for the quick responses.  what if we ingest a date range of emails? so instead of exporting to pst we will export back to exchange mailbox.  I'm going to test that next.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Take a look at the options which are available.  This screen is available whether you export to PST or to a mailbox:

2014-04-23_07h05_39.png

goof717
Level 5

thanks Rob.  i took an item count of my mailbox before and after the ingestion..just gotta see what was put back in.

next thing is to create a separate policy for these users to not have their emails archived at all. thanks again.