Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting and Re-archiving a user

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
running ev8 sp3 with a forever retention policy

but we have a user who wants to have everything placed back into her mailbox so she can clean it up and then we can re-archive her with the new improved mailbox

so do i have to export her and then disable and delete her from enterprise vault (or would this fail because of the policy in place)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you do not want to go the VV route then I think you should be ok export the users Archive back to Exchange.  Just make sure you know the impact on Exchange :)  You probably would want to restore a 20 GB archive back.

I would recommend disabling the user and deleting the old archive at that point.  Once the user is done, enable them and re-archive.  You might have to use the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Quick question about your storage, is it going to prevent the delete?

Does the Retention Category prevent deletes?

wtsend
Level 3
Employee Certified

Another option, if you allow user's to delete from their vault, would be to use the Virtual Vault.  She could move items into different folders, delete items, delete folders, etc...

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Storage wouldn't prevent the deletion.

Wits.  I did look at that but i kept running into warnings because the main policy has a retention forever setup

which is why i thought i might need to export and remove her from ev another way

TonySterling
If you do not want to go the VV route then I think you should be ok export the users Archive back to Exchange.  Just make sure you know the impact on Exchange :)  You probably would want to restore a 20 GB archive back.

I would recommend disabling the user and deleting the old archive at that point.  Once the user is done, enable them and re-archive.  You might have to use the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

Cheers,