Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have a issuse with file System archive

I have file server target , I create a volume and folder
but I can`t see the folder Via Gui.

I think it`s happen when I upgrade the server from version 7.5 to 8

I don’t have any problem with archive point, The archive working fine.

you can see the screenshot.

Thanks Ronen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

Ronen

I am not sure if my understanding is correct as the screen shot you posted does not allow me to see exactly where you are.

It seems like the Folder targets are not being displayed in the Vault Administration Console (VAC).

If it is just a matter of the folder targets not being displayed, you can re-enter them as Folder targets, but make sure you do not select the option to create an Archive Point. so, when you are asked if you want to create an AP make sure you choose the last option which is to Not create an ArchivePoint. The folder when processed will use the existing Archive Point.

Test with one folder first to see if that works before you make a larger change

let us know the results

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Are they NTFS File System Servers? Have you upgrade the FSA agent on the file servers? Once FSA agent has been upgraded you also need to reboot the file servers too.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

BTW, what service pack of EV8 have you upgraded to?

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I upgrade the server to ev 8 sp4 beforfe 1 Years

Yes,I also upgrade the Fsa Agent.

it`s  possible to create a new folder ,but I don`t see existing folder that I create before upgrade.

Ronen

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Silly idea, but have you closed and re-opened the VAC? Sometimes the MMC caches info....

You could also run FSAUtility, in Report mode, to look at what a Recreate Archive Points would do - you may see the missing folder reported back...

From the Utilities guide;

Recreating archive points
You can use FSAUtility with the -a parameter to recreate archive points on the original path.

FSAUtility -a -s UNC_path [-l log_level] [-r]

Where:
-s UNC_path specifies the path to the required folder, volume, or file server.

-l log_level specifies whether to log both successful operations and failed operations (0) or failed operations only (1). By default, FSAUtility logs failed operations only.

-r specifies report mode. FSAUtility generates a report that outlines the activities that it would perform if you were to run it in normal mode, but without performing those activities. FSAUtility generates a report named EV_FILESYSTEM_UTILITY_REPORT_DateTime.txt, in the folder installpath\Reports\FSAUtility.

If you run -a in normal mode, FSAUtility generates a report named EV_FILESYSTEM_UTILITY_REPORT_DateTime.xml.

The following command recreates the archive points for the folder \\myserver\users in report mode. In addition, the command reports all the archive points in subfolders of this folder.

FSAUtility -a -s \\myserver\users -r

The following command recreates the archive points for both the folder \\myserver\users and all its subfolders.

FSAUtility -a -s \\myserver\users -l 0

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I check it in my LAB and when I manualy delete folder

I run FSAUtility -a -s \\myserver\users -r

after that the folder not created.

Ronen

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

Ronen

I am not sure if my understanding is correct as the screen shot you posted does not allow me to see exactly where you are.

It seems like the Folder targets are not being displayed in the Vault Administration Console (VAC).

If it is just a matter of the folder targets not being displayed, you can re-enter them as Folder targets, but make sure you do not select the option to create an Archive Point. so, when you are asked if you want to create an AP make sure you choose the last option which is to Not create an ArchivePoint. The folder when processed will use the existing Archive Point.

Test with one folder first to see if that works before you make a larger change

let us know the results

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I check It in one folder.

Do you know why It`s happen ?

Ronen