Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

immediately archive all mail - how to get "distinguishedname"

AaronJAnderson
Level 4
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275804.htm

H
ow/Where can I get the distinguishedname for a mailbox? I have the DN from AD, but the format isn't the same as what is given in the example..

I have something like CN=Walters\, Chet,OU=Test-NoGPO,DC=company,DC=root,DC=pri

and it looks like the script needs something pertaining more to the mailbox... I'm on exchange 2007 and not finding much...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Alternatively if you do a report mode run of the EV Archiving Task for the Exchange Server then the report includes the DN for all mailboxes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

If you have enabled the user, you can get EV to give it to you.

To identify the Distinguished Name of the mail box you wish to archive.  To do this you need to get the ArchiveID of the users archive.
In Admin Console navigate to Archives -> Mailbox, right click on the archive of the user, select properties. In the Advanced tab, highlight the ArchiveID at the bottom, and copy it to the clipboard.
Then back in Admin Console, right click on Archives whilst holding ctrl + shift choose “Find Archives or Folder” and paste the ArchiveID from before into the search bar, then press Find.
In the results pane, there will be a “Legacy Mailbox DN”, this is the Distinguished Name you need for the script.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Alternatively if you do a report mode run of the EV Archiving Task for the Exchange Server then the report includes the DN for all mailboxes