cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer ActiveX error

eric_eng
Level 3
Partner
A user is getting an error message when accessing archive explorer via the outlook client (Full) 7.5 SP3.  An activeX message pops up and yes, no, or cancel appears, but none of the options yield any results.  We are running EV 8.0.4 and IE 8.  If the user goes thru the browser via URL, she can access archive explorer.  Tried reinstalling client and restarting IIS services, still getting error message.
5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you perhaps post some screenshots ?  Have you tried installing the 8 SP 4 client ?  What options do you have setup with regards to ActiveX inside Internet Explorer settings?
Working for cloudficient.com

eric_eng
Level 3
Partner
Here's a screenshot of the error.  All of the IE settings for activeX are set to enabled except for 'only allow approved domains to use activex without prompt' which is set to disabled.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Thats not an error thats a notification to tell you that ActiveX wants to run.

In IE you need to change the Active X settings to enable instead of prompt and this message will go away

Go to Tools, Internet Options and  select Local Intranet click on the Custom level.

The settings are under the Security tab of the IE settings. They are all listed under ActiveX controls and plug-ins

eric_eng
Level 3
Partner
Thanks, but I checked these settings and they are set for enable and not prompt.  Even if I were to click yes or no archive explorer still does not show up.  I would only get this warning message within Outlook and not if the user were to put in the URL within the browser itself.

Ronny_Data
Not applicable

You have pushed the wrong version of  the EVClient. Please reinstall the new version and try