Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem on the dialogue box "delete" on lotus notes

GrégoryRabillon
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I want to delete the archived mail  with the option "ask user" from the lotus notes client and inotes.

When I delete the shortcut from inotes, I have the dialog box that appears with the option to delete the shortcut or the archived message or both, But if I try directly from Lotus Notes, it warn me that I will remove both and I have no choice than yes or no :

i've configured Enterprise Vault with this settings :

1) On Site properties there is setting "Users can delete items from their archives" be turn on (checked)

2) Under policies->domino->desktop policy there is setting "Shortcut Deletion" in Option Tab of desktop policy, i chose this option :

"Ask User" this will prompt user whether they are sure to delete archived email also.

I resynchronize the mailbox before testing.

The maiboxe has a good template and I have access to all Enterprise Vault options with the mailboxe.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited
OK, Gregory, I will engage with Support and update through them next week

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Gregory Hmmm, that policy option does not seem to be behaving on my environment either. Do you have an open Support case on this as I think this may need escalating for some investigation by my team. If you do not have one open, can you do so now and let me know the cas enumber on this thread so that I can assure it gets the necessary attention from Support Thanks Paul

GrégoryRabillon
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. The number case is 03572850.

The Version of enterprise Vault environment is 10.0.2.

We analyzed the form85_x.nsf code and it's seems correct :

<td width="33%"><input class="s-form-button" type="button" id="DeleteShortcut" onclick="evclick('Shortcut')" value="Delete Shortcut" style="width:100%"></td>
<td width="33%"><input class="s-form-button" type="button" id="DeleteBoth" onclick="evclick('Both')" value="Delete Both" style="width:100%"></td>
<td width="33%"><input class="s-form-button" type="button" id="DeleteCancel" onclick="evclick('Cancel')" value="Cancel" style="width:100%"></td>

But the code of the converted with ev_mail85.ntf  does not seem correct because there is that the dialog with "Yes or No" :

Function PromptForDeleteFromVault(bhasshortcuts As Boolean, count As Long) As Integer
If (bhasshortcuts) Then
Dim sPrompt As String
If count > 1 Then
sPrompt = "You have chosen to delete shortcuts and the associated archived items." + Chr(10) + Chr(13)_
+ "You cannot undo this deletion. Copies of these shortcuts will no longer work." + Chr(10) + Chr(13) + Chr(10) + Chr(13)_+ "Do you want to continue?"
Else
sPrompt = "You have chosen to delete a shortcut and the associated archived item." + Chr(10) + Chr(13)_
+ "You cannot undo this deletion. Copies of this shortcut will no longer work." + Chr(10) + Chr(13) + Chr(10) + Chr(13)_+ "Do you want to continue?"
End If
PromptForDeleteFromVault = Messagebox(sPrompt, EVMB_YESNO + EVMB_ICONQUESTION, EV_DIALOGUE_TITLE)
Else
PromptForDeleteFromVault = Messagebox(EV_DELETE_KEY_DIALOG_NTD_INFORM, EVMB_OK + EVMB_ICONEXCLAMATION, EV_DIALOGUE_TITLE)
End If
End Function

I've tested from my lab enterprise vault environment (10.0.1) and the problem is the same.

Thanks for your help.

Grégory

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited
OK, Gregory, I will engage with Support and update through them next week