Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No ID files found" when trying to add Lotus Domino domain

Evgeny_Anvaer
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We installed Lotus Domino 8.5.2 FP 2 and Lotus Notes 8.5.2 on EVDG. We checked Lotus Notes connection with EVArchiving user ID file - everything was ok (we installed Lotus Notes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus\Notes). We placed ID file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus\Notes\Data (and in C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\Data). Then we installed EV 10.0.1.
When we tried to add Lotus Domain we got the next message:

No ID files found.

When we run Enterprise Vault Getting Started wizard it found ID file and found Lotus Domino server which we were planning to archive. And after we added Lotus Domain and Lotus server using Enterprise Vault Getting Started wizard Administration Console still says that:

No ID files found.

when we tries to open Lotus Server Properties. It looks like EV bug.

Did anybody face the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

FYI, we determine in code where to build the list of available ID files from by reading the 'DataPath' regkey in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lotus\Notes (for 64 bit)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes (for 32 bit)

This regkey is set when Notes is installed and/or configured for the first time, I believe. A common cause of the 'No ID files found' error is that the Notes Data directory actually being used differs to that listed in this regkey, usually due to manual intervention / reconfiguration of the notes client, so I would always check this regkey first if this error occurs and resolve any discrepancies between the location of the Data directory that it references and the actual location of the Data directory

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do you already have a Domino Archiving task created?  I had a similar situation where I had a hung EvLotusDominoArchivingTask process that even though the Task was stopped it was still present in Task Manager. I killed off that process and was able to then see the Domino id file correctly.

Evgeny_Anvaer
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Tony,

I've created Domino Archiving task with EV Getting Started wizard. But I don't have EvLotusDominoArchivingTask process in Task Manager.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you rebooted the EV server?  Did you make any changes to the Notes Client after you installed EV?

Evgeny_Anvaer
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes, I rebooted the EV server (EV Domino Gateway), but it didn't help. I didn't make any changes to the Notes Client.

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

FYI, we determine in code where to build the list of available ID files from by reading the 'DataPath' regkey in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lotus\Notes (for 64 bit)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes (for 32 bit)

This regkey is set when Notes is installed and/or configured for the first time, I believe. A common cause of the 'No ID files found' error is that the Notes Data directory actually being used differs to that listed in this regkey, usually due to manual intervention / reconfiguration of the notes client, so I would always check this regkey first if this error occurs and resolve any discrepancies between the location of the Data directory that it references and the actual location of the Data directory

StealthTSX
Level 2

Hi Paul, its Dave from B.Braun. We are having the exact same issue when I was told to reconfigure our other EV site to use the same service account as our main site. After running the wizard to change the service accounts, we lost the setting for the Targets-Domino-(Domain) where is lists the server, ID file & password. It does not have any id files listed to select. I am able to open the notes client without issue. Could you contact me on this if possible? The case number is 418-963-209.