cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Saveset sharing error occurred" on EV7 SP1

Leo_Wan
Level 5
I just completed a fresh installation of EV7 SP1 and after enable the Exchange Mailbox archiving, everything seems working fine except I found numerious error in the event log as shown below:

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:Storage Archive
Event ID:6668
Date:3/3/2007
Time:12:23:20 AM
User:N/A
Computer:HEHEV99
Description:
Saveset sharing error occurred

Reason: Access is denied.
File: \\Hehev97sn\EmailVaultStore\EmailVaultStorePart1\2006\12\23\23\471000000000000~200612232358020000~0.DVS
Reference: CVault/PIIS/CP

My Vault Partition is on a network share (Windows 2003 Storage Server) and I've double checked that the permission should be granted accordingly to the Vault Service account. Don't know why these errors occurred and what is the defect for this.

Please help.

Leo
4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Looks like the error occurred in regards to sharing. Are you running collections, if so, how soon do you run it?

Recommend you open a case w/ support if you have not.

Leo_Wan
Level 5
I've opened a case with support already but still waiting for replied. It doesn't seems like collection problem cause the collection schedule should be day-time, not at night. Also, I specify the collection to run againts files older than 10 days, but meanwhile none is older than 10 days yet.

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Some more findings. I realized that somehow this error indicate the archived e-mail cannot store the archive item as single instance, that is, same message that received by 2 users store as 2 DVS files instead of 1 DVS file.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
For some reason, EV is unable to update the DVS file with another sharer's information. When sharing (SIS) is in affect, the DVS file will be updated with each additional sharer information. Are your vault store partitions in some kind of "read only" mode where the file cannot be modified?

\\Hehev97sn\EmailVaultStore\EmailVaultStorePart1\2006\12\23\23\471000000000000~200612232358020000~0.DVS is the file in your message. Either EV cant modify or possibly can't open the file.

I would check the file attributes to be sure its not Read-only. I dont know if Storage Server has any other settings that might prevent EV from modifiying it.