Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring 100+ mailboxes back to Exchange

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi

we have a customer that wishes to restore a large portion of their mailboxes back to Exchange - i know that we can do this using the export wizard however is there a scripted method or a recommendation if doing a large number of restores ?

thanks

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is TransVaults migrator, Quadrotechs Archive Shuttle, Globanets Merge1 and theres also some others through Akaibu, Vault Solutions etc, but honestly i'd say it wouldn't be a good Return of investment.

For the time it takes to get a quote, install the software, perform the migrations etc, you could have been done with the restores already

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The only 'inproduct' way to do it is with the Export Archive Wizard.  It is multithreaded.

Working for cloudficient.com

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi Rob thanks for the reply -

the other option is 3rd party software ?

can you recommend any in particular as an option for the customer plz

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is TransVaults migrator, Quadrotechs Archive Shuttle, Globanets Merge1 and theres also some others through Akaibu, Vault Solutions etc, but honestly i'd say it wouldn't be a good Return of investment.

For the time it takes to get a quote, install the software, perform the migrations etc, you could have been done with the restores already

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Like JW3 said :)

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi gents, i've done some testing with the restores and found that the shortcuts are left behind 

we're going to need to remove these, rather than suggesting that the users perform this task is there a way that you can recommend to do a bulk removal of these shortcuts (enterprisevault.shortcut) from Exchange OR EV ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You may wish to investigate:

• VBSCRIPT + CDO
  • Redemption

Also depending on the version of Exchange then I think Mailbox Manager can delete by message class.

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

i had success using shortcut deletion policy set to 1 days 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is there anything else needed on this topic?

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

no - thanks gents !