Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql 2005 error on monitoring database creation

zenworksb
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I am in need of some help with SQL2005. I have a need to run the following command from the enterprise vault server I am configuring. This will create a monitoring database on the SQL2005 server. Below is the command I am running

C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault>monitoringconfigutility /create cenmailarcbd.s
tjohn.k12.la.us cenmailarcdb.stjohn.k12.la.us 7.5.0.1250 131D053E89D690349AACA36
A7490E3CDE1d10000cenmailarchive.stjohn.k12.la.us "d:\data" "d:\log" mymonitoring
config utility.log

Below is the error I receive

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL server does not allow remote connections. (Provider: names pipes provider, error: 40 - could not open a connection to SQL server)

Here are the steps I have tried to resolve. Any help would be great. I have reached out to my Symantec contacts and they have not seen this. I have searched the Symantec, and Microsoft sites with the link below and have done all the steps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

I have also made sure that the user I am logged in as is a db creator. For Evault it is also part of the local administrators group of the SQL server. I can ping the server by name and ipadress. I have restarted services, rebooted the machine, and done the entire configuration for named pipes. I am not to bad with SQL 2005, but this one has me beat. I will continue to troubleshoot but any help would be outstanding. Below is the link to the symatec pdf I am following. Thanks guys.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/287449.pdf
2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Try doing it from the sql server machine.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

zenworksb
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Michel,

Thank you for the resonse been working on this for hours. I do not have the enterprise vault directory on teh sql server to run this command? I do not know how to do it manually, and will this not affect me later. really stuck and will call support shortly if I can not get it resolved through here. thank you so much for the response anything helps at this point