cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating individual archive with new policy

matthewking
Level 3

HI,

I have created a new exchange policy to update moved items.  Previously, there is a policy set to all mailboxes in the organization which doesn't have the 'update moved items' enabled.  When I created the new updating policy, I only added the one mailbox target that we are needing/testing with.  EV has been running for a few days, but I don't think the exisiting exchange archive is being updated.  WIll this environment work?  Or will the previously existiing 'whole exchange organization' policy still override the new policy?  

New policy: rank 4

Exisitng policy: rank 5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

How it should work:

Create new policy, including the 'move shortcuts' setting. Create a new Provisioning Group, add the 1 mailbox as target, and the updated policy. Leave the rest the same. Make sure the new provisioning group is ABOVE the existing one(s). (i.e. number 1 in the list)

Run provisioning. Verify the provisioning reports to see if the 1 mailbox indeed has the new policy assigned. Sync the mailbox from the archiving task which archives the mailbox.

Verify the mailbox indeed has shortcuts (in the original location), and some moved ones. Wait for the task to be run. Verify new shortcuts have been created, and verify in the archive (using Archive Explorer) item is in correct folder.

If not, check the index for that archive. Might be an issue with that. Additionally, move one of the fresh shortcuts, see what happens with those.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

How it should work:

Create new policy, including the 'move shortcuts' setting. Create a new Provisioning Group, add the 1 mailbox as target, and the updated policy. Leave the rest the same. Make sure the new provisioning group is ABOVE the existing one(s). (i.e. number 1 in the list)

Run provisioning. Verify the provisioning reports to see if the 1 mailbox indeed has the new policy assigned. Sync the mailbox from the archiving task which archives the mailbox.

Verify the mailbox indeed has shortcuts (in the original location), and some moved ones. Wait for the task to be run. Verify new shortcuts have been created, and verify in the archive (using Archive Explorer) item is in correct folder.

If not, check the index for that archive. Might be an issue with that. Additionally, move one of the fresh shortcuts, see what happens with those.

Regards. Gertjan