cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certification material questions...

Robert5150
Not applicable
hello All -

Are there any books that i can buy for the symantec exams such as: the new backup exam for be 12? I checked the price lists and at 3500 for the instructor or the virutal classes, its simply out of my range.

all of my certifications have come from self study and (many many many) hours in the lab and on the job.

Any advice?

Robert

8 REPLIES 8

Beverly_van_de_
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Robert,

Symantec does not sell any self study books.  Rather, we encourage candidate's to take the training; however, as you listed, it's out of your price range.  I'd like to encourage you to check out the exam details page at the following link:

Stay tuned to the link above, as early next week we will publish a study guide that maps the exam objectives to the course lessons and topics.

Also, since you mentioned below that you have several hours of lab experience, you can rest assured that we recommend a minimum of 6 months field experience to help in passing the exam.  This exam was developed with a good portion of real world scenario questions that aren't covered in the course materials. Instead, the real world scenario questions are based on field application using the product, as well as the product documentation.  Therefore, you might have a real good shot at passing based on experience.  Nonetheless, I would also encourage you to look into other areas of self study listed on the Web page from the link above.  There you will find links to helpful websites and our new Symantec Backup Exec Tech Center Modules.

I hope this helps.

Beverly~

Renegade_ZA
Not applicable

Hi robert,

im writing in 3 days how did you find the exam, did you manage to pass, and were the scenarios more real world or was the material ok.

regards

Message Edited by Renegade_ZA on 10-30-2008 11:05 PM

M_Samir0n
Level 4

It is available on Symantec partnernet web site

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Administration guide will best solution for the certification. i cleared it by reading and implimenting it.

Not applicable
you can check this site out http://wareseeker.com/Home-Education/Symantec-Certification-Exam-Guide-9.0.zip/60262027

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Good site XIAN. Thanks for this. Iwas lokking somethig similar

lisabran
Level 3

hey and where to get this guide from can u help me out?

Roku1Support
Level 3

Hulu and netflix not working on roku :
Netflix not working on roku : Is your Netflix not working on Roku? The Netflix app may have stopped responding to Roku. Click on the link where we have discussed why netflix not connecting on roku and how you can fix this issue.

Hulu Not Working on Roku : When your hulu app not working on roku streaming device, that means there is some troublesome with the Hulu app. To remove this, read our article hulu app not working on roku.
For other Roku related queries contact us on Roku Support.