cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5220 Appliance - Bare Metal Recovery

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a 5220 Appliance configured as a Master/Media server, and no other NBU servers except clients in the configuration.  Most of the client base are VM's, and will be protected by the V-RAY technology - however I have a few physical servers which I would like to protect with BMR.

I have done this previously with traditional Master/Media server configs, but cannot figure out where/how to do this with a 5220 configuration.

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The 5220 did not historically support BMR.  That actually changed in the 2.5 release that **just** hit the street last week.

See the attached 52xx admin guide for more information on configuring BMR on the 5220 appliance.  And please let me know if the doc didn't attach, this is my first time trying to attach a doc to a forum post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The 5220 did not historically support BMR.  That actually changed in the 2.5 release that **just** hit the street last week.

See the attached 52xx admin guide for more information on configuring BMR on the 5220 appliance.  And please let me know if the doc didn't attach, this is my first time trying to attach a doc to a forum post.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for that. (PS  Your attachment did come through OK).

Based on the thread regarding upgrading the 52xx to 2.5 (NBU 7.5) - it is all a little too scary at the moment with the amount of upgrade woes - I will await the first patch release.....

AJ