Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance AIR to use dedicated replication network not backup network

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi!

Have configured bond1 for replication on both appliance, PROD ip is 10.1.70.10, DR ip is 10.2.80.10. I added gateway for routing as follows,

PROD: (destination)10.2.80.0 (gateway)10.1.70.1 (netmask) 255.255.255.0

DR: (destination)10.1.70.0 (gateway)10.2.80.1 (netmask) 255.255.255.0

Can ping either side.

Appliance routing table includes default route (0.0.0.0) for these networks as well, as part of initial configuration.

Modified /etc/hosts files to include these new replication ip on both appliance. 

Added hostname of this new ip on target storage server on NBU AdminConsole Credential>Storage Server, along with original target storage server bearing backup network. 

Replication is successful, however i cannot tell which network it used so I tried to remove the original target storage server (the one created during the initial configuraiton bearing backup network) but replication failed with error - cannot find Puredisk disk pool on target storage server.

When i put original target storage server back, replication successful. Obviously, replication still using backup network. I'm not sure if this is the right way to test if it uses replication network or not.

Also, successful Replication job details still says replication to original target storage server.

Can you tell how I can test this properly showing it uses replication network?

and, did I configured it right? 

I read on one blog here, that I don't need to put gateway for this replication ip, but how can i reach the other network without proper routing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Got it working now!

I modified hosts file of both media server, putting the replication ip and hostname of DR media server in hosts file of PROD media server, and vice-versa. Then configure target storage server on Replication Tab of each media server.

Ran replication and network statistics shown data flowing on replication network alone. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Got it working now!

I modified hosts file of both media server, putting the replication ip and hostname of DR media server in hosts file of PROD media server, and vice-versa. Then configure target storage server on Replication Tab of each media server.

Ran replication and network statistics shown data flowing on replication network alone.