cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedeuplication credentials for 5220 to set up Auto Image Replication

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Have a 5200 in one netbackup 7.5 domain, acting as a media server with a Windows 2008 R2 master.  (domain1)

Have another appliance, a 5220, as a stand alone domain.... it's the master and media and storage and everything server.  (domain2)  Just configured, nothing much on it yet.

Plan to set up Auto Image Replication from domain1 to domain2, have instructions in Admin guide, plus found a "best practices" white paper.  Using 7.5 Windows admin guide vol 1, i'm on page 808-809.

Have to add domain2 as replication target for domain1's storage server, per admin guide..   it wants storage server name, username, and password.  I have tried EVERYTHING..   the standard admin/password (which sadly we haven't changed yet), the example in the manual shows the username "DedupeEngine", so I tried that.  Got on the 5220 in domain2, and in the Appliance menu of the CLISH, found "ShowDedupPassword", so I tried that with the "DedupeEngine" userid

Keep getting:

"Internal application error.  Please contact your administrator. authentication failed.  RDSM had encountered an STS error: updateStorageServerConfig"

So, what userid/password does it want?  Oh, i have tried the FQDN of the 5220 (domain2) and also just the name.  I feel like i'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

The user is root, and the password is the de-duplication engine password found on the appliance.  If you 'putty' onto the appliance, login as admin wirth the standard P@ssw0rd, then if I remember correctly go to APPLIANCE and type SHOWDEDUPPASSWORD.  The password is what looks like a randomly generated one.

Best of luck,

AJ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

The user is root, and the password is the de-duplication engine password found on the appliance.  If you 'putty' onto the appliance, login as admin wirth the standard P@ssw0rd, then if I remember correctly go to APPLIANCE and type SHOWDEDUPPASSWORD.  The password is what looks like a randomly generated one.

Best of luck,

AJ

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

DUH, why didn't I think of "root"  of course, it's a linux system.  Had already found the SHOWDEDUPPASSWORD..  and VOILA!  Worked like a charm.

Thank you AJ, perfect.