cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone worked on AIR required_interface setting ?

Vijay_K_Gera
Level 4

I need to route my Network Traffic in an already configured AIR Environment to an alternate unconfigure interface. This would be to eth0 on the appliance which is unconfigured.

Can someone share with me the steps that needs to be followed here ? I am sorry but I couldn't find anything about this in the Netbackup Admin Guide.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Vijay,

With NetBackup Appliance, eth0 or NIC1 is reserved for private networks. This port is used to directly connect a laptop to perform initial configuration and has an initial IP Address 192.168.229.233. NetBAckup uses Nic2, Nic3 and Nic4 as your public netbackup network. With NetBackup Appliance, you can bound the three NICs. I don't think you can use Nic1/eth0 as your NetBackup routing port.

You can read below link explaining "How Network interfaces are selected in NetBackup", this might help

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54733

View solution in original post

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, it does not.  With 2.6.0.2 you can use all four ports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chashock
Level 6

I don't think there are documented steps for what you want to do.  You'll need to re-associate the remote host with a different IP/name and either populate DNS with that name or a hosts file.

Try searching for netbackup dedicated backup network.  There are a number of Technotes and forum posts that can help you piece it together.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Vijay,

With NetBackup Appliance, eth0 or NIC1 is reserved for private networks. This port is used to directly connect a laptop to perform initial configuration and has an initial IP Address 192.168.229.233. NetBAckup uses Nic2, Nic3 and Nic4 as your public netbackup network. With NetBackup Appliance, you can bound the three NICs. I don't think you can use Nic1/eth0 as your NetBackup routing port.

You can read below link explaining "How Network interfaces are selected in NetBackup", this might help

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54733

Vijay_K_Gera
Level 4

Does this holds true for Appliance 2.6.0.2 as well ?

chashock
Level 6

No, it does not.  With 2.6.0.2 you can use all four ports.