cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Maximum I/O streams per volume” with Disk Pools

PD001
Level 5

where is the setting for e “Maximum I/O streams per volume” with Disk Pools in Netbackup?

Pat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The maximum jobs count does not include duplication, replication of restore operations so keep the I/O streams higher than the jobs count setting in order to have other things possioble during backup times.

So probably a setting of 30 would be fine if your jobs is set to 25

Only time and testing will show what works best for you in your environment for these two values

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you mean the Limit I/O Streams setting, it is under the properties of a Disk Pool.

PD001
Level 5

Thanks, I'm looking at NetBackup 7.5 Best Practice – Using Storage Lifecycle Policies document and see the following. I have one disk pool setup with one volume. the "Mazimum I/O Streams" setting is 95. I have one Storage Unit, which has the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs Count set at "25", so should my  "Mazimum I/O Streams" be set at 25 too?

When you enable the Maximum I/O streams per volume option on the Disk Pool the default number of 
streams is 2. Although the optimal number of streams per volume will vary depending on the disk type, a 
general guide line to minimize contention would be to divide the maximum concurrent jobs count for all 
the storage units using the disk pool by the number of volumes in the disk pool. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The maximum jobs count does not include duplication, replication of restore operations so keep the I/O streams higher than the jobs count setting in order to have other things possioble during backup times.

So probably a setting of 30 would be fine if your jobs is set to 25

Only time and testing will show what works best for you in your environment for these two values