cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU appliance upgrade to version 2.7.2 from 2.6.x

lovee
Level 5

All,

i have to upgrade NBU appliance 5230 which is master with version 2.6.0.3 to version 2.7.2 and media server nbu appliance 5230 version 2.6.0.4 to verstion 2.7.2

Please confirm if i need to upgrade both appliances first to version 2.6.1.2A and then to 2.7.2 version?

what file system( will effect in/after upgrade activity(in terms of size increase)?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lovee,

I'm not sure if that was a typo, with your master currently at 2.6.0.3 and your media server at 2.6.0.4?  Always best to keep those two at the same version - but you'll be doing that with your upgrade anyway Smiley Very Happy

I would upgrade to 7.7.3, rather than 7.7.2 as that is the latest and there are several bug fixes in the later version.  If you have an OpsCenter server that must be upgraded first, followed by your master, then your media server(s), and finally your clients.

Yes you have your upgrade path correct.  The appliances require a two-stage upgrade to get from where you are (2.6.0.3/2.6.0.4) then to 2.6.1.2A, and finally to 2.7.3 (or 2.7.2 if you decide not to go to the latest).

I can't comment on the size increase, but during the upgrades the appliances current OS (SLES) is replaced with Red Hat.  You should have plenty of space, and if you don't the upgrade process will tell you.  Maybe someone who has done the upgrade could comment on that last point.

I'm actually in the process of arranging a very similar upgrade to yours - 2.6.0.4/7.6.0.4 to 2.7.3/7.7.3.  I have 1 OpsCenter, 2 masters (they are Windows, so only require a 1-step upgrade), and then two appliances which are the same upgrade path as yours.

Good Luck With Your Uprade Smiley Tongue

Steve

The 2.6.0 to 2.6.1 upgrade will probably need more space than is currently allocated for the OS partition.  You should make sure that you've resized your data drives to create at least 500 MB of unallocated space on the core unit (not on the expansion shelves).  Use the web GUI rather than the SSH menus for the resize.  Also, if I remember right, 2.6.0 can't dynamically resize so the task will take the unit offline for a short time.

With any of the upgrades, always reboot the appliance first so that if it's time for the auto-FSCK it happens under normal OS, not an upgrade situation.

And yes, you do have the sequence right:

OpsCenter

Master (since you're using an Appliance as a Master, you don't have to upgrade the OpsCenter Client, that's only needed on Windows Masters)

Media Servers and Appliances

Clients