cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 3.2 to 4.1.0.1 upgrade fails

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi all
I'm getting an error when attpempting to upgrade a 5250 netBackup Appliance ffrom 3.2 to 4.1.0.1.
I've run the latest version on the readniess analyzer (8.2.3) which has completed successfully and says the appliance can be upgraded, however, the upgrade fails at step 4 (early in the upgrade process) when it's still running the 'Pre-checks'
Has anyone seen such an issue whereby the readiness anaylzer completes successfully but the upgrade fails whilst completing the prechecks?
Below is what I see in the AIM output as it fails - our only option is to rollback (which is successful)

CadenL_0-1691005702536.png

We have attempted the upgrade several times now and each time it fails at exactly the same stage 

The only technote that seems to come close to the issue is this (but it's not it) - all the same, we disabled the call home proxy as described - but we still see the same

Pre-upgrade self-test fails during NetBackup Appliance upgrade when Callhome proxy server is enabled...

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this would be great. We've already raised a Veritas support ticket, but so far no joy in moving this forward.

many thanks in advance

J

1 REPLY 1

NBU_Admin1
Level 2

Regarding upgrade analyzer, make sure you run "SYMC_NBAPP_update_ReadinessAnalyzer-8.2.3-1.noarch.rpm" since your current appliance version is 3.2.

Also, go to the /log directory on the appliance. There you should see a patch log generated for the upgrade. This log will provide you with more details about the error.