cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough space for 2.6.0.1 upgrade

Stanleyj
Level 6

I was in the middle of upgradinga 5200 appliance to 2.6.0.1 and received this error:

ERROR: At least 85598 MB of unallocated storage space is
required for upgrade.  Please select a partition with enough free space
to be resized or enter 'quit' to exit the installer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Partition     | Total       | Available   | Used        | %Used
----------------------------------------------------------------
AdvancedDisk  |        1 GB |   542.82 MB |   481.17 MB |    47
Deduplication |   32.723 TB |   10.487 TB |   22.236 TB |    68
Unallocated   |        0 GB |        -    |        -    |    -

Does anyone know if its okay to choose the deduplication partition since i have 10tb free? Im stuck at this point becuase i have two appliance with the same issue and i have already upgraded the master to 7.6.0.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The de-dupe is the only one with space that can be taken - but it will take it from that storage area

I would imagine it would generally use the system drive so worth looking to see if that is full first before having it go resizing yoru de-dupe pool

Check you logs areas (especially if you had any pdplugin logs setup) and then the /tmp as it may be full of telemetry or vmdk file using up all of your space which you will be able to delete and free up the space you need

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The de-dupe is the only one with space that can be taken - but it will take it from that storage area

I would imagine it would generally use the system drive so worth looking to see if that is full first before having it go resizing yoru de-dupe pool

Check you logs areas (especially if you had any pdplugin logs setup) and then the /tmp as it may be full of telemetry or vmdk file using up all of your space which you will be able to delete and free up the space you need

bcunha
Level 4

Also, if you have done other upgrades over time, check /inst/patch/appliance

In there you have old appliance patch versions for rollback

Stanleyj
Level 6

Thank you all for the suggestions but i went on ahead and resized my dedup pool by 500gb so that i now have 500gb unallocated.  in my /tmp directory i do have a huge amount of files but i worry about deleting them.  Anytime I decide to touch something on the appliance i have it seems to cause weeks worth of issues. 

But freeing up the space only got me past that hurdle.  The update still fails somewhere in the middle and rolls back.  I've tried twice to watch the update but after an hour or so i guess i lose focus and the next thing i know its rolling back and i never saw and error message.  I have a ticket open hopeing that the logs i sent shed some light on this.