cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows client add-on for NBU app 3.1.1 release?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Did anyone find out from where to download the NBU client add-on for windows platform?

I did review these web sites and can not see this for nbwin client package 8.1.1:

NetBackup Appliance Client Package 3.1.1 Release

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100041987.html

while in this one that package was avialable

NetBackup Appliance Client Package 3.1 Release

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000116723

So from where to download the nbwin client package for 8.1.1?? Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I see the following in the 3.1.1 URL:

Note: Due to a technical issue, the link for the Windows client package has been removed. To obtain the supported Windows x86-64 client package, log in to your Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS) account. Software downloads can be accessed from the Dashboard, Entitlements, and Download tabs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

I see the following in the 3.1.1 URL:

Note: Due to a technical issue, the link for the Windows client package has been removed. To obtain the supported Windows x86-64 client package, log in to your Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS) account. Software downloads can be accessed from the Dashboard, Entitlements, and Download tabs.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Thank you Marianne - as usual your eagle eye is perfect... How I could have missed it... I was just looking at links ;)

On that vems site there is no rpm package I can put on NBU appliance - unfortunatelly. 

I already do have NBU 8.1.1 windows installer - but I wanted to have add-on so I can download it from NBA itsefl....

Nonetheless thank you.

Marianne
Level 6

@quebek wrote:

Thank you Marianne - as usual your eagle eye is perfect... How I could have missed it... I was just looking at links ;)

LOL!

Actually - eyes getting old this side, so, was doing a search in the URL for 'Windows'.  Smiley Happy

Not to resurrect a dead thread but....

1) Download the "NetBackup_8.1.1_Win" full package from the Licensing site like normal.
2) Expand the zip file.
3) Delete the following files :
Data5.cab
Data6.cab
Data7.cab
Data8.cab
LaunchServer.cmd
silentmaster.cmd
silentmedia.cmd
Veritas NetBackup Server.msi

4) Re-zip the folder to "NetBackup_8.1.1_Win_CLIENT.zip" or such.
5) Upload file to appliance:/inst/client/.packages/for_download/
6) Browse to the main appliance webpage and confirm your new Windows Client installer is now available.

Enjoy !