cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exit status 140

din_ibrahim
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to create AIR between 2 NetBackup instance set ( both got a primary server and media server for msdp) in Flex 5250 under the same domain. 

I'm using this guide to do it. 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/25074086-149019166-0/v148946687-149019166

However, I'm stuck when executing this step:

Deploying the certificate at storage server of source domain

/nbcertcmd -getCACertificate -server target_master_server

It says nbcertcmd must be superuser to execute, with exit status 140.

I still a newbie to NetBackup and Linux. How can I solve this problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @din_ibrahim 

When you log into the instance you log in using the appadmin ID. You need to become root and the way to ahcieve this is to use the "sudo -s" command - it will prompt for the appadmin password, and then you will have a root shell and be able to run the nbcertcmd. 

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Just to check....you have created at least one SLP with a replication copy, right ? And then configured that SLP in a policy as the backup destination? And then run that policy and gotten a successful backup ? =)

Setting up AIR is just one part of it - you have to also send things to it to process. Note that default replication processing can take a while, you have to either run out the default timer & it'll trigger a short job, or come up with enough data to replicate that it meets-or-beats the size amount.

For reference, by default :
SLP.MIN_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 8 GB
SLP.MAX_TIME_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_REPLICATION_JOB = 30 minutes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @din_ibrahim 

When you log into the instance you log in using the appadmin ID. You need to become root and the way to ahcieve this is to use the "sudo -s" command - it will prompt for the appadmin password, and then you will have a root shell and be able to run the nbcertcmd. 

Cheers
David

din_ibrahim
Level 3

hi @davidmoline 

Thank you. Manage to do it as per your advice. Now I can see the AIR in the SLP.

However, how can I confirm that it is running? So far the activity monitor on the targeted primary and media server doesn't show anything related to AIR activity and my disk pool only a few hundred MBs used. BTW, the target primary and media server is newly created without any other policies and clients. 

Many thanks.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Just to check....you have created at least one SLP with a replication copy, right ? And then configured that SLP in a policy as the backup destination? And then run that policy and gotten a successful backup ? =)

Setting up AIR is just one part of it - you have to also send things to it to process. Note that default replication processing can take a while, you have to either run out the default timer & it'll trigger a short job, or come up with enough data to replicate that it meets-or-beats the size amount.

For reference, by default :
SLP.MIN_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 8 GB
SLP.MAX_TIME_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_REPLICATION_JOB = 30 minutes

din_ibrahim
Level 3

Yup... I created the SLP and now its working :)