cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup IT Analytics - Changing license

lucianis
Level 3

Hello community,

I have a question regarding the change of the license on an IT Analytics Portal.

We deployed it using a trial license (Complete Suite) and installed Oracle normally using the itanalytics_dbinstaller_193000-01_SE2_linux_11200 image. And the NITA version we deployed is 11.2.

Now, after deployment completion we are trying to switch to the customer's license which is the Foundation one, coming with NetBackup Enterprise. However, we are encountering an error:

lucianis_0-1700464597307.png

I know that with NITA Foundation, the customer needs to manage the Oracle license himself. However, is this only a matter of adding an Oracle license and only then to try and change the NITA license? Or is it something more complex?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@lucianis  - this procedure is not something we publish publicly.  Its usually done by SE/PS/ENG team as it is sensitive in nature.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZenOfAnalytics
Level 4
Employee

There is a one-time configuration change that is needed on the portal to change it from a standard (Veritas-provided Oracle license) to a shared services (customer-provided Oracle license).   Contact your Veritas SE for guidance, or contact me via email at ernie.bergan@veritas.com  and we'll set up an appointment.  

Actual change requires console access to the portal server, and the ability to connect to the database as SYSDBA.  After the portal changes are made, we'll remove the standard license, and then install your Shared Service license.

lucianis
Level 3

Hi,

We went ahead with reinstalling the Portal binaries in or customers' case and adding the new license.

@ZenOfAnalytics , the actual procedure of changing the license would be really helpful if it can be shared.

Therefore, I will keep this post open for longer until someone will possible share the steps.

Thank you.

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@lucianis  - this procedure is not something we publish publicly.  Its usually done by SE/PS/ENG team as it is sensitive in nature.  

lucianis
Level 3

Alright, thank you. So there is no straightforward solution for this.

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@lucianis  - I would take up the suggestion by @ZenOfAnalytics  - if you need to resolve this, he/we can assist.