cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the IP of the Puredisk Server SPA

wenhamp
Level 2
I have one PureDisk Server and so it is also the SPA. How do I change the IP address of the server?

I found this KB:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/328229.htm

However the script no longer exists in version 6.6.0.3
2 REPLIES 2

PureD
Level 4

You're right, they pulled the script in 6.6.0.3.

Really this all depends upon how your SPA was installed. If the SPA was installed by FQDN (the highly recommended method) then no need to do anything. Just change the IP on the NIC and ensure DNS/hosts files are up to date. You can tell how the SPA was installed via:
# cat /Storage/etc/topology.ini   (may need to decrypt it first)

or

# /opt/pddb/bin/psql -U pddb ca -c "select * from agent where isserveragent=1"

....and note what the hostname is.

If however the SPA is installed via IP address, then what I would do is get a copy of convert_to_hostnames.sh from the PD66 install media, put that in the /opt/pdconfigure/scripts/support directory, make it executable and use it to convert your SPA from IP to FQDN.

wenhamp
Level 2
Thankfully I did install with an FQDN so proceeded to change the IP of the server by changing the DHCP reservation we manage. Once rebooted, the server appears to work on the new IP in that I can logon to the Web UI and browse around  however backup operations now fail, erroring at the "Scan and Store the Contents on the Content Routers" and "Recover partial PO-List from Agent".

Attached is the full log from the job.